𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣

A large kingdom, built on bricks, hardship and most importantly... Lies. As every kingdom, there was a King and there was a Queen. The pairs love sprouted two gorgeous sons. One with gorgeous blonde locks, the other with raven hairs. Everyone's life comes to end at one point. The familiar face of death reached the mother first, passing in her sleep, rose in hand. Many years passed and death waited in the shadows, prepared to strike again. Yet, someone intercepted, taking the opportunity from the lurching spirit. Two teenage boys walked into a room, pushing open the mahogany doors to a glamorous supper room. Only to find there father, snow white hair and beard, now stained with the crimson colors of his own blood. Their father, the king, was dead. Life stolen from him by a cup of wine, twisted by an individual who had dropped a single vile of poison into the liquid. Giving it to him with a smile. Betrayal.

Two brothers, grief stricken and lost, search for answers. Desperate and thriving with vengeance for their late father. Adrian, the once kind and youthful blonde became so desperate. He began to search in uncharted waters. Fingers started to point, the person found on the other end was shocking. Adrian's raven haired brother, Leonard. The thought of power does things to ones mind and persona, it changes them, makes them do the unthinkable. Now imagine what genuine and new found power can do to the mind of a 16 year old filled with grief. A prince turned king, wanting justice for his fathers death. An empty vile, found in the darkness of the night. The bottle stained with a tint of green, stained with regret and poison. This bottle sat amongst the drawers of Leonard's clothes. His soul believed to be corrupt, even twisted. He was cast out, banished from the walls of security, the walls of his home.

Not a word uttered to the public, to the kingdoms people. Only the vague answer that the killer got what he deserved, exiled to the dark forest. This not only caused the castle to divide, but also the citizens of Odregary began to pick sides. A direct line drawn between the people. Between friends and between families. Some rallied behind Adrian and commended him on his acts against his fathers murder. Others cursed, calling him young, naïve and foolish. People began to speculate on the matter, how little evidence they received. They spoke about how brave Leonard had been, how he would be a much better ruler. Everyone could tell what would come next, it was inevitable. The once united kingdom would plunge into a civil war, put against each other due to one simple opinion. For the last time, the brothers appeared together, asking the fighting, the violence, to end. A truce occurred, a signed agreement to split the kingdom into two. Adrian would continue to rule Odregary, keeping its original resources and allies. Leonard had to build his kingdom from the ground, naming it the Traterra kingdom. And so the reconstruction of two kingdoms began, bringing with it a brand new tension. Security began to increased, agreements of protection made, rules put in place. Both brothers new the other would die upon the others hand, but in the end the only person to get the last laugh...Is death.                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                                '~ '                                                                                                                                                                                            '~'                                                                                                                                                                                            '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'                                                                                                                                                                                              '~'

AN <3

Hey lovely people!! Thank you for reading the first little bit of Twisted Souls. This was more of a background chapter about how the two kingdoms came to be and also introducing our two lovely Kings of today. Next chapter will be present day and we will meet our protagonist who's point of view you will be following. I really hope you enjoy and I will try and update frequently and get the next few chapters to you quickly! xx