Chaos

My vision is blurry, my body is shaking, I'm sweating all over, I can't breathe, and I think I'm screaming.

All I can see is my mom being shot in the head over and over and over again while she screams, 'That's my daughter!"

I can feel the gun in my hands and that's the worst part.

I feel like I'm going to throw up and I just want to feel better but I can't calm myself down.

I'm in my living room back in Las Vegas, I'm thirteen years old again, and my dad is yelling at me.

And now Matteo is storming into the room, bringing with him a little bit of my sanity.

I can't say anything, I can't move.

Before I know it, his strong arms are wrapped around me, and he's telling me to calm down in that sweet, deep voice of his that's slightly raspy because I probably woke him up.

My breathing begins to regulate, and without thinking, I bury my face into his chest.

He holds me as close as he can, and I'm soaking his bare chest with my never ending tears.

                                                                   —- Matteo Sullivan —-

I couldn't sleep last night.

I woke up to Celia screaming and I thought she was being murdered.

It was a nightmare, but by the way she reacted to it, I'm guessing it was much more than that.

She has a fucking traumatic past and I know every detail of it.

She keeps revealing a little about her past every time I see her, and I'm waiting for her to tell me the rest of it.

I want her to have someone to talk to about it. I want her to talk to me about it. I don't want us to be liars anymore.

Now, she's laying in my bed, and I'm laying right next to her.

I never told her this was my room, that I took the guest room because my room is the only one with a lock.

Last night, she passed out cold, while we were fucking cuddling.

I hate cuddling.

She told me to stay, though. So I did.

I hate seeing her like this.

She's not pathetic. She's far from it.

I look over, and there she is, curled up on my bed wearing my T-shirt.

It's bigger than she is, the T-shirt.

I don't know why I told her to stay here.

It was a bad idea.

But she wasn't safe in her own fucking home, and she doesn't have any friends to stay with.

I'm going to beat the shit out of Riley.

He tried to kill Celia multiple times. I understand why, but it still pisses me off.

I want to protect her.

But she can take care of herself.

Hell, she probably has better aim than Marco and Enzo combined.

I've never seen her fire a gun before, but I've heard some pretty badass stories about her.

Plus, her father is Leonardo Hearst.

After I shower, put clothes on, brush my teeth, and make eggs and bacon for breakfast, Celia emerges from my room.