Chapter 19

Diamonds POV

The good thing about being in the mafia is that you're always trained and to know somewhat of what to expect. So when a joint mafia meeting slash dinner was announced two hours before it was going to take place, I was a mess. I couldn't do shit in two hours! Of course my mum was her usual unbothered self and trudged upstairs to thrown on a random dress and still manage to look flawless in it. I, on the other hand, had to dash to my room, have a quick half an hour shower. Moisturise and all that, then do my make up and choose a dress.

Sapph was basically having a breakdown when I went to check up on her. She'd turned on her blue led lights, put her AirPods in and just given up.

She was even had the audacity to put on a 'sad songs' playlist. I had to threaten to get mum before she even got herself off the floor and into the shower.

Sprinting back to my room, I got all my make up supplies out and started. When I did finished I looked at the clock to see I had twenty minutes left. Deciding to see what Fire was doing, I walked in to see her staring at her reflection  with her playlist back on. "You know what I ain't got time for this shit today," I shook my head and grabbed her things. Sitting opposite her, I started on her simple makeup since we had absolutely no time at all. After that, I practically became Usain Bolt when I went to go pick a dress for her. Chucking it at her, I went back to my room and shoved myself in to my dress. Just in time the doorbell rang. "I should really start a documentary: How to be a runner and a trackstar." I murmured and plastered a fake smile on for our guests. Sapph rushed down beside me and also put on her fakest of fake smiles that soon turned into a real one once she saw T. I pretended to be sick at their obvious love for one another.

Rolling my eyes, I turned back to the door to see a couple, who must be the Don and Donna, walk through. They greeted everyone and went to sit down in their allocated seats. Already tired of the night, I strolled trough the living room only to be pulled back by a large hand gripping my arm. "Fuck you think you are grabbing me and shit- Lala?" I paused in my rant and looked up at him weirdly. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I could say the same for you," he said with a deep chuckle that I'd come to love.

"Well this is my yard, wait are those your parents?" He simply nodded and I started to feel a smile forming in my face. "First of all your parents are leng as hell, like they look in their thirty's. And second, you didn't tell me you were in the French Mafia...hold on I know what you're gonna say 'oh you didn't tell me you were in the British Mafia either'" I tried to imitate his deep voice and thought I was sounding pretty good until her broke into fits of laughter.

"Shit you had me sounding like a fucking roadman there. Don't disrespect me with that," He finally managed to stop laughing and lead me into the dining room. "Come on love we can't leave them waiting for too long,"

I was still grumbling when we entered the room and sat down. Deshae and Anthony were diagonal to me and Sapph and I could practically feel the love they were projecting to each other no mattered how hard they tried to deny it. We settled down, said grace while the adults talked boring business without us. Next thing you know, Deshae is standing up and asking for everyone's attention. "Mr and Mrs Ross, I would just like to say how thankful we are that you have welcomed our stay and catered to our every need. We will be leaving in two days time and are very grateful for your hospitality. Thank you, and you are welcome to come and stay in Italy any time you want." Dad was about to accept their thanks mum started going on again.

"Well why'd you put it like that now, it's like you massa and we the slaves that's had to feed you and shit. Damn my baby girl really should've knocked you into that coma," she muttered and dad had to elbow her hard before she carried on.

Shanking his head, "You are very welcome and we loved having you here." Mum scoffed and I snickered. Dad side eyed us but proceeded, "Thank you for doing the same for us." They nodded as we all presumed eating.

A long hour later, we were all done and the leaders all went to talk in the big conference room. As I was heading up to my room after saying a very long goodnight to Lala, a arm blocked me for going. "Nah cos what with these hands today cah if they don't stop popping up somebody bout to catch mine," I breathed out in frustration.

"What?" Deshae looked so confused and concerned that I had to laugh at his face. I composed myself and gestured for him to carry on. "Well what I wanted to say was that I actually enjoyed being here and you taught me quite a few things so...yeah. I guess what I was trying to say was thank you." He shocked me by pulling me into a warm hug which I basically melted into. It felt so...safe.

Wait what's actually wrong with me?? He's so weird with his various mood swings and shit.

He let me go and walked down the corridor without another word. Now I really didn't know what to think of him. One minute he was so kind and gentle and the next he was rude and cold. But what about Lala?

Gosh I am in so much trouble.

Thank you guys so much for 1.9k reads you don't know how grateful I am. Please vote and comment I love seeing you guys enjoy it.

Btw it's my birthday today🏃🏾‍♀️💨