If All Else Fails

Jake POV

Pacing angrily around the living room I couldn't believe it hadn't worked, I thought for sure when he found out he would leave but no, the fucking asshole turned out to be a stand up guy and stayed put.

"Baby calm down" Liv says as she watches me pace "we'll figure something out"

"I have to get him out of the way" I growl "don't you understand he is standing between us and the money we need"

"But we have the money that was refunded from the wedding" she says confused

"It's not enough" I sigh "it doesn't even cover half the money I owe"

"Can't you find it some other way?" She asks and I walk over and crouch down beside her

"Baby I've tried there is no other way" I say taking her hand in mine "I need to clear that debt so that I can take care of you and our baby properly" I say placing a hand on her stomach

"But do you really have to marry her to get it?" She asks

"Yeah, it's a stipulation in her fathers will" I sigh "the money he set aside for her significant other can only be claimed if they are married to his daughter, you see that's why I need him gone because as it stands he is the significant other"

"How do you know she won't just marry him on a whim?" She asks

"I don't, that's why I called my guy and got him to do some digging" I say "golden boy is clean but there are things I can use to convince her to leave him, as soon as he leaves I'll show her what I have and it's goodbye meathead, hello money"

Sam POV

The rest of the week had gone by smoothly, Jake had stayed away and Joe had calmed down somewhat, although he was constantly looking over his shoulder whenever we went out.

Since we were leaving in the morning we decided to head over to Hannahs and spend sometime with her and Tyler.

"Hey how are you guys doing?" Hannah asks as she greets us both with a hug

"We're good" I smile "we leave tomorrow so we thought we spend sometime with you guys"

"Ty there's some one here to see you" she calls out and Tyler appears in the doorway

"Aunty Sam, Uncle Roman!" He gasps making a beeline for Joe, as Joe scoops him up I find myself holding my breath waiting for Joe's response, it was the first time Tyler had called him that.

"Joe I..."

"It's fine" Joe smiles cutting Hannah off "if he wants to call me Uncle that's fine, my buddy here can call me whatever he wants"

"I was just watching the usos, you wanna come see?" Tyler asks him

"Sure come on let's see how those guys are doing without me" Joe laughs before taking Tyler out of the room.

Hannah watches them leave smiling before turning to me, when she sees my expression her face falls.

"Sam whats wrong?" She asks

"I need you to do something for me" I say handing her a bundle of paperwork from my bag "Jake told me cancelled all this stuff and that it was being refunded but I have been paid a single cent"

"Why do I get the feeling I know what I'm going to find" she says taking the papers from me

"I have the same feeling" I sigh "can you chase them up and confirm, and please don't say anything to Joe" I say lowering my voice

"Sam have you kept anything from that man?" She asks and I shake my head "then don't start now, he's the best thing to happen to you and you're happy don't screw it up with secrets"

"He's already worried" I sigh "that's part of the reason I'm going with him, he doesn't want to leave me here"

"How much are we talking in total?" She asks flipping through the papers

"$6000" I say and she looks up at me

"The hell does he need that much money for?" She asks

"I don't know" I say

"That man is up to something and whatever it is he needs you for it" she says "I'll do this for you but you have to tell Joe"

"Ok I will" I say

"Tell Joe what?" Joe says as he walks into the room

"The refunds for the wedding stuff never came through" I sigh "I've asked hannah to chase up for me but I think I already know what's happened"

"How much?" He asks his jaw clenching

"$6000" I say and I can see Joe getting angrier

"God damn son of a....." he stops himself and takes a breath "he's cheated on you and he's stolen from you, that's it" he says grabbing a piece of paper and scribbling on it. "Hannah this is my number, if he does anything or he upsets you and Ty in anyway call me"

"Joe I don't think it's me and Ty he wants" she says taking the number "whatever he's upto it's Sam he needs"

"Baby" he says crouching in front of me "is there anything you can think of that he would want that he would need you for?"

"My dads will" I sighs "he left some money for my significant other, but they can only claim it if they are married to me, but that's not going to happen, he has no chance in hell"

"Well now I know why he wants me out of the way" he says

"That's if I'm right" I say "I could be wrong he already has that other money"

"Whatever the reason I'm not going to let him take you from me Sam" he says looking into my eyes "I love you and I refuse to lose you"

"I love you too" I say "you won't lose me Joe, please stop worrying"

"He won't win Joe" Hannah says "we'll all make sure of that"