Chapter one : Pre game for High school

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲

IT WAS AN saturday night and music was booming as the group of 4 teens peaked over the brick wall dividing them from the party. They weren't allowed inside because it was the annual "End of the Year" party for seniors also because there just now starting high school, but Cesar had managed to sneak in,hopefully to get some beer for the group well except for Jayla. She had beer once and refused to have it again, so Cesar was getting her soda. 

"Do you see him? I don't see him."  "Something bad is happening, I can feel it." Jamal stated in panic and causing Jayla to glance at him. "I knew this was a dumb idea."  Ruby rolled his eyes and slightly bounced on his toes as he too searched for Cesar.

"Pop a xannie, J. We can't see him because he's being stealth."  Ruby says. "Yeah, when has Cesar ever disappointed?"  Jamal turned to his group of friends and started his claims. "4th grade? Kickball tourney? We lost."

"That's because your athletic ability is very low." Jayla stated, earning a gasp from Jamal. "We only lost because I picked the kid with no skill, and I'd do it again. Loyalty trumps victory, compa." Cesar commented.

The group looking over the wall turned around to him as he walked up and handed everyone their drinks. "You sure you don't want beer? Maybe you just didn't like the brand."  Jayla shook her head and cracked open the can of Faygo pop that Cesar brought for her. "Trust me I'd rather not."  Jayla says and cause Cesar to shrug.

"Take it all in. This is about to be us. This is high school." Everyone cracked open their cans and took a sip of their drinks. Everyone drinking the beer scrunched up their faces, completely disgusted by the taste of the beer while Jayla contently drank her soda and laughed at her friends and their reaction with beer.

"Ruby, you think your brother's going to marry Angelica?" Jayla asked the shortest of the group.  "No idea. Mario tells me jack."  At his response, Jamal laughed and asked "What about that time he said Angelica has a dangler?" 

The gang continued looking over the brick wall, watching all the seniors dance in the barely-lit backyard. "Jayla , Monse if you guys were girl." Ruby starts off before the two said "We are a girl." "But if you were a girl like that, would you wear underwear?"  Monse looked to Ruby is disgust and Jayla chuckled and shook her head.

Ruby shook his head before turning back to the party and as Jamal went on about football again, Monse trying to make some sense with him, but it didn't seem to be working.

"Jamal love, CTE is not in your future."  Jayla nodded her head and followed the rest of the group in helping Jamal catch his breath before he had a panic attack.  "Guys, check out my game. Huerita just gave me the nod." Ruby smirked. That was quickly wiped off of his face when a chulo came over and gripped Ruby's neck, putting pressure in the spots that could make him pass out.

"Are you eyeing my girl, cabrón?"  The chulo said still gripping his neck. "No. God, no. I'm not into blondes." Ruby states. "Easy, he does your mom's taxes. Mrs. Guzman, right?" Both Ruby and the man nodded, and Ruby started off listing too much information. 

Ruby felt like his throat was closing up, but choked out his words to possibly dave his life. "$3,000 refund. Schedule C, line 30, home office deduction." 

"Seriously, Ruby?" Jayla says before smacking her forehead.  Another bald cholo popped over the wall and grabbed, Ruby's shoulder before noticing 4 other kids were on the ground. "Yo, what are you doing, ese? That's Spooky's little bro and Raquel and James Perry daughter, dawg." The cholo immediately let go of Ruby's neck.

"I didn't realize it was y'all Hey, listen. Tell Spooky. Raq and James Sad Eyes sends respects, alright." Sad Eyes, said. Cesar nodded and Jayla nodded. A couple of seconds later a gunshot went off and screams from inside the party were heard.

The entire group ran away, trying to get to Ruby's house as fast as possible since his place was the closest.

"That was a .38."  "No, it was a .45."  The group states before Jayla shook her head and continued running down the street with her best friends. "Both of you are wrong." Cesar sang.  Another gunshot echoed down the block, making the group duck as they ran. ".357!" They laughed.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

Everyone was on the couch looking at Mario cry,  "Is Mario high again?"  Jayla asked Cesar cause Cesar to chuckle. "Yes he's high.  On life, memories, and some seriously good indo."  Mario responded to her. 

"What I was saying was: work hard, put your heart out there.  Even if it's broken by some bitch that you've known since Mr. Estrada's 7th grade social studies."  Mario yells before looking up and taking a breath to calm himself down. 

"Anyways, as I was saying, and you may want to write his down, don't go into high school without backup.  You guys need to stick together to survive."  Mario emphasized, earning strange looks from Jayla alone.  Out of nowhere, Mario cheered and the whole squad flinched at his sudden outburst.  "I'm going to college mofos!  Now kiss my class ring."  Ruby hesitantly stand to kiss Mario's hand. 

Mario walked out, and the gang didn't waste any time before talking amongst themselves.  Before Mario walked quickly back into the room all authoritative and said, "Oh and one last thing.  Don't bone Jayla or Monse."  Without another word, he left the room again and after a few seconds of processing, the squad busted out laughing "Why would anyone want to do that?"Monse states while still laughing.