Chapter 2 - Broken Rules

Disclaimer: I do not own The Originals.

-

[Davina's POV-1st person]

I was in my room, keeping myself busy as I could, when I felt something. A wave of energy raced throught me, and I knew what it meant. A witch was practicing magic in the quarter.
I got up from my bed and took the phone Marcel gave me to call him, but in the same moment the door flew open.

"Davina, are you ok ?" A voice asked me with concern. I jumped at the sudden sound and looked up to see that it was Marcel.

"Someone is doing magic, Marcel, I can feel it !" I yelled, and he shot me a questionning glance. "Who is it ? Can you tell me who it is ?"

"It's... It's Jane.. Jane-Anne"

[Jane-Anne's POV-1st person]

Hours had past and I still was in the cemetery, casting a linking spell by using ancient totems to use as less energy as I could so Davina wouldn't sense my spell. I knew I had very little chances but I wanted to take them.

The place was cold, and I was drained of all my energy when I finally finished the spell. I knew it was over, and I got what I wanted. I texted Sophie and told her everything that happened, and I just stood there, relieved and frightened at the same time. After a moment, I began to feel dizzy, and as and I sat down to rest, I heard footsteps coming in my way. Before I could run or even get up, I blacked out.

[Elijah's POV-1st person]

My brother and I were talking about the witches of New Orleans, mostly the Deveraux ones, when he received a call from someone he didn't seem to enjoy much. He answered the call anyway and I listened to the conversation.

"Klaus, there is something I'd like to show you." A very familiar voice said throught the phone. It was Marcel, and he was supposed to be dead. I gave Klaus a questioning glance and he returned it with a annoyed look. He didn't seem to be surprised at all about Marcel's emergence.

"Where are you ?" He asked to his adoptive son, "Where can I meet you ?" He repeated. "I'll be in Bienville street in ten. Be there, I'm sure you'll like it." Marcel assured.

"What do you mean, it ?!" Klaus asked in an angry tone, he didn't want to lose his time for some pointless show. "You'll see." Marcel answered just before he hang up.

Klaus just had left to find Marcel, and I decided to follow him, curious about the surprise the self-proclaimed King had for my brother. As I reached the mentioned street, I saw a bunch of newbie vampires jump from the top of a building, and I knew I wasn't far anymore. I speeded to a flat roof and observed the events from my hiden place.

"Jane-Anne Deveraux !" I heard Marcel say, in a weirdly enthusiastic voice. "You have been accused of practicing magic in the French Quarter, wich, as you already know, is forbidden !" He said. "And you are now condemned to death sentence for breaking my rules !" He added, seriously this time. He was obviously thinking that the city was his, and this was adding to my questions.

"Any last words ?" He asked softly, he sounded like he was bipolar. I knew Klaus wouldn't be happy about the witch's death, but I couldn't show myself for now.

"Go to hell." Jane-Anne whispered. Marcel gave her a angry and disapointed look, and told her "fine then, I guess you ruined your last moment." And sped to her in order to end her life, but something, or someone, stopped him in his track. Klaus.

"Wait !" My brother commanded "I know she broke the rules and has to be punished, but I need to talk to her." He said friendly. Marcel looked at him surprised, and after a moment he simply nodded.

[Klaus's POV-1st person]

I had convinced Marcel to give me a chance to talk to Jane-Anne, who I heard was plotting against me. I was heading to a more intimate place with the witch, a place where I knew Elijah was. I needed his diplomacy to get Jane-Anne to talk to me. I had promised Marcel that I would be back with her, and I intended to keep my word, but Jane-Anne didn't need to know that.

"There you are", my brother said as we got to him. "Glad you could keep the witch alive." He said flatly, why would he be so careless about Jane-Anne's life if he knew her ?

"I thought you two knew each other, why so you care so little ?" I said, curiosity spreading through my face. "We just had an encounter, and she gave me informations that I thought would interest you." He answered, with that same flat tone he used earlier.

"I guess it doesn't matter anymore." The witch commented. "Oh it does love, see, I heard by a very old friend of the family-if I can call her that- that you were plotting against me, and I'd really like to know the truth." I told her, a smirk forming on my lips. She rolled her eyes at this, before she sat down and started to talk.

"You'll know soon enough, but do not worry, none of this is a threat to you. For now, at least." This answer got me even more curious, and I felt kind of relieved, but how could I know that she wasn't lying ?

She wasn't even nervous, she knew what she got herself into. I thought for a moment, and after a few minutes, I figured out that Jane-Anne was probably more usefull alive than dead.

-------------------------------

Soooo, I finally updated. I really hope you guys like it, I'm trying my best anyway. We didn't see Hayley, Katherine or Sophie, but we soon will, I promise.

Vote and comment, please !
-S