Déjà Vu By Katleen Velasquez

"Wow! This forest is big compared to the forest in my backyard" Miley excitedly said as she stared at the bright colors of the trees. It was fall, Miley always loved the sound of leaves crunching under her feet. On the other hand, Harry, her best friend, loved spring. Seeing flowers, grass, and other different types of plants grow as it gets warmer each day. It fascinated Harry about how the plants slowly grow. He always wanted to study about them and to discover new species of plants, a Botanist. Though Harry was already bored, he wanted to support what Miley loved. They were two completely different people, different interests, different perspectives, different everything! But there is something about the two of them that just connects like a puzzle; like they loved nature.

"Yes, they are beautiful, but it's getting dark. We should go home after an hour, okay?" Harry said in boredom.

"Okaaaayyyyyy! You're the one who brought me here, so why are you rushing?" Miley asked, walking toward a trail.

They walked through the forest, always having to swipe spider webs and tree branches off their faces. Soon, they approached a treehouse, it looked like no one had been there in a while, maybe years. "Bet you 20 bucks that I could go up there faster than you!" Miley yelled, starting to run, giving herself a head start. Harry ready to run, trying to win the bid, heard the crunching of leaves behind him, worried, he looked back to see what was making the sound. It sounded inhuman, how could someone or something run so fast, especially through the brisk weather like this. Usually it would be hard to run around with boots since the ground is always wet and muddy because of all the rain that we received.

"HELLO?" Harry called out hoping for someone to answer. The atmosphere suddenly became eerie, as he felt a burning, almost stabbing sensation that someone was watching him.

"Miley? We should get going, it's getting dark!" Harry cried out, no answer, not even a sound. The forest became very strangely quiet, no birds chirping. He felt as if he wasn't alone, standing in the middle of a dark forest. The burning sensation of someone watching grew stronger, like something inhuman was standing right behind him; he did not dare to look.

Harry was starting to get anxious, finding himself running to the abandoned treehouse to find Miley, hoping that he would feel safe, constantly looking at his feet, afraid to see something abnormal.

He sighed in relief when he saw Miley sitting in the middle of the wet, thin wood under her, as he approached something felt off, the air suddenly became hard to breath. Miley stared at him, she was a completely different person. Her dirty blond hair that glowed suddenly looked darker, her tanned skin turned pale. Harry felt strange, uncomfortable, "Uhm, M-Miles are you okay? You seem upset." Harry called out to her, she was still staring at him, her deep blue eyes shining as tears started down her cheeks. Running toward Harry with a horrified expression, giving him a hug, his shirt wet from tears.

"Hey...Miles, what happened? Is everything okay?" Harry asked, Miley rarely cried as she was a very joyful person. She always smiled, showing off her bright white teeth.
She got off, staring at the wet spot on Harry's plaid shirt that she'd cried on, still sobbing.

"I-I saw something...it moved fast, in the trees! I saw it was right behind you, then suddenly disappeared... I want to go home, please... I will explain— just get me home" Miley said terror in her voice as she cried.

"I felt someone behind me, y-you saw it!? What did it look like? I knew we shouldn't have come here! No wonder this forest was abandoned!" Harry is frustrated and clearly distressed. Something caught Harry's attention as he looked out a little window that was completely covered in spider webs. "Yes, we should head back to the car. Miley, I— never mind. Anyways, we have to be quiet and careful" suggested Harry warningly. Miley nodded and began through the window, of course, Harry leading the way.