Sometimes being in a place you shouldn't be in could be troublesome, or in this case being in this relatively small outlets that was open long hours and carry a limited line of high-turnover convenience products at high prices...was a reward well mainly because  was nice to have 24/7 access to ramen and detergent in even the direst situations. Being a 25 year old adult slaving away in what society called a job, made this trip all the much enjoyable and needed.

Though I was a regular, I could never get over the seemingly endless rows of groceries and household items inside the convenience stores had at this time. Even the candy section had an entire store aisle devoted to its sale!

And then besides the candy store was the array of noodles sold in a precooked and dried block with flavoring powder and/or seasoning oil. I grabbed the one I was looking for an smiled a bit.

If he was here today, he would have bought a shit ton of these. Yet, since he left, I found myself buying them often.

I pulled the item off the shelf and held it in my hand while rubbing hand fingers over the yellow characters surrounded by the blue shading on the package film and smiled a bit.

I put the item in my basket and proceeded to walk through the store to get something to drink to wash this down.

The sound of the stores bell was audible but none of my concern. I was really focused on getting something to wash this down.

And there is was in front of me. The pink bubbly carbonated drink, Ramune, strawberry flavor. How I loved this drink so much! How rewarding it can feel once unwrap the tiny opener or hear the marble clink against the glass after popping the glass round marble. Aside from the squeals of delight, as the pressure inside is released, taking one sip from its slender bottle instantly rains on me with pleasure from all of its sweetness and a little mouthfeel from the aftertaste.

This was going to be perfect with my meal.

I reached for it and gripped my hand around the bottle. However, as my fingers grazed the bottle, my bottle shattered. The air is suddenly rent by the sound of breaking glass. Almost everyone knew that breaking glass almost never heralds anything good.

Soon as I turned around, more sounds of glass break where heard. Soon an orchestra began. Throughout the shop, the sound of breaking glass, yet this time it is a music that vanishes deep scars.

Thousands of glittering fragments or a window falling foul to an errant stone of the convenience store.

Instantly my body fell to the floor. My body was covered in the sharp slivers.

"Y/N!"

It was as if moments of my past were coming back to me as I watch the horror with a mesmerizing beauty. The breaking glass appears to fall with the grace of snow, yet in truth it is more of a wild avalanche and just as deadly...

Though this was happening, I couldn't help but  looked up any watch the shards come down as if it was glitter raining down on me, as if I was laying in a field of happiness with sparkles. The tiny flecks of shards were similar to glitter falling from the heavens. The magical streak of glittering light reaching across each shard as it obscured my vision with irregular streaks of rainbow hues brought tears to my eyes.

I could see that each piece was catching the light in a different way, creating a dazzling array of colors that danced and shimmered before my eyes. Some were a deep, rich gold, while others glinted with a cool, silvery sheen. There were even flecks of pink and blue that seemed to glow with an inner light.

My warm tears of joy sailed down my cheeks, refreshing my weary soul like the tiny dew drops.

"Y/N!!!"

My eyes slowly blinked for a couple times before they fell closed completely.

"Y/N!!!"

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I looked up at the canvas painted with a blue-grey brindle with the softest accents of white expanded above as an ever-growing dream.

I turned my head to the person who called me and smiled when I notice that little sharp fang of his.

"Y/N, we have to head back or ma will get worried like last time."

"Okay Kei-kun," I smiled at my 8 year old brother.

"You still have to play your song for me also."

I nodded and smiled.