2

7

7.11
Disarm

Derek grumpily made his way into the kitchen and made his cereal with a deep scowled fixed to his face. He had a horrible night sleeping on the couch as he was greeted by the sight of Meredith and a stranger in bed. The others told him that the stranger was Meredith's childhood friend.

"Rough night?" Jackson queried as he made himself coffee.

"Slept on the couch. How do you think that went?" Derek rhetorically replied.

Jackson chuckled. "Oh, I heard, you got kicked out of your bed."

"Who is she? And, where did she come from?" Derek frowned while eating his cereal.

A voice interrupts. "I'm Aurora and I came from Switzerland. If that helps answer your questions." Aurora awkwardly smiled before making herself a coffee.

"Aurora and I are childhood friends. We have known each other since we were babies." Meredith explained.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Aurora." Derek replied. "I'm Derek."

"I know. You're McDreamy. You know Mer, I kinda see it now. Cristina was wrong." Aurora said, sipping her coffee.

Derek raised his eyebrow. "What has Cristina said about me?"

"Oh, just something like McBastard or McBoring." Aurora retorted. Just as she finished her sentence the rest of the sentence, the other members of the house came into the kitchen.

They sat in silence as Aurora gave an amused but awkward look to Meredith.

"Stop staring." Meredith said as everyone diverted their attention.

"What's happening?" Alex strolled into the kitchen. "Oh, coffee." He said happily taking Aurora's coffee, causing her to slap his arm.

"Go ahead." Aurora told, causing everyone to look at her. "Ask me whatever questions you have in your mind."

"What's your full name?" April asked with her perky voice.

"Aurora Rose Bianchi." She replied.

"Rose is her middle name." Meredith interjected.

"What do you do?" Lexie asked.

"I'm a surgical resident at the hospital in Switzerland." Aurora replied.

"What are you going to specialise in?" Derek asked curiously.

"Most probably pediatric surgery or cardio. I'm still not sure." Aurora replied.

"Why don't you work at Seattle Grace Mercy West?" Jackson asked.

"I was originally going to do my internship here but then I got an offer from a hospital in France so I decided to go there instead." Aurora replied.

"How old are you?" April asked as she ate her breakfast.

"I'm 28. 2 and a half years, basically 3 years younger than Mer." Aurora answered.