Psych Ward [ 1 ]

" This is the Psychiatric Hospital right?" I ask the nurse as i passed by. What a silly question to be asked.

I continue walking to the main hallway after getting the confirmation , making sure I'm not lost for the third time.

" So this is how psychiatric hospital looks like..." I say in amazed as I walk through the empty hallway.

After a few minutes of walking without any specific direction , I finally have the guts to ask the staff for the direction to my main destination.

" Excuse me , can you tell me where Choi Beomgyu's ward is?" I ask one of the caretaker who just meant to passed by.

" Are you his family member?" She asks.

" Yes , I am his brother." He replies.

" Oh , Choi Yeonjun? Your brother was in room number 456. Please be aware to not mention anything that can trigger him." The caretaker added.

I nod and made my way to Beomgyu's room

I'm holding a box filled with his favorite snacks and I couldn't keep my smile anymore. I'm really excited to meet my brother after a while. Since Beomgyu was admitted to the psych ward , I was never able to visit him because my mother just won't let me.

Nobody visit him anyway and I'm sure of that because no one ever care about that poor child. Not even his real mother. Me? I did care for him, but what else could I have done? My mother's rule is simple, show your pity or care to that mistress child, don't expect tomorrow will come.

Though I and Beomgyu only related because of our father, I never think of him any differently. To me, he is my little brother. Throw that 'half brother' away.

Beomgyu is here because of his attempt of suicide. But no one has ever know it is because of his eating disorder that he ends up in here. They just thought of 'suicide' and put it together with 'crazy'. Honestly no one deserves to say that if they only know the outcome and not the process.

They wouldn't know that their words could lead someone into having suicidal thoughts and it costs a life.

I'm now standing in front of his room. Why am i hesitating?

Will he be happy to see me? Is he alright?

I grab the doorknob but I still couldn't bring myself to open the door. You made it this far, there is nothing holding you back anyway. So why?

I open the door to the view of Beomgyu peering through a window. His figure look so fragile, almost looking like a walking bone.

" Hey. " I say.

He flinches a little and turn back to see me. A smile formed upon his lips. I feel a sudden ache in my chest when I see him smile brightly like that.

"Yeonjun! You're here. You're finally here." He approaches me.

I smile , " Well yeah, I'm here. I'm here for you."

" Have a seat. What is this box? Is this for me?" He asks cheerfully.

" Ah this box? Yep, it's for you. A present." I give him the box and sat down on the sofa. This room is rather small and so plain.

Beomgyu open the box slowly. I hope he like it.

" This is my favorite snacks? It really is my favorite snacks. Thanks Yeonjun. Thank you." He looks up at me with a smile.

" You're welcome. I know they're your favorite so eat up, no worries."

Tears roll down his cheeks but he still laugh anyway and it pains me to even look at him any longer. He's been through a lot but he still manage to smile and laugh.

" I will finish this up. I will. Hah, why are my eyes sweating this is embarrassing." He wipes his tears using the edge of his clothes.

" I know you're hungry, eat up my Beomgyu." I pat his back. It feels so unreal that you can also feel his suffer through touch.

He pulls out a candy and ripped it off. As he is eating it, he made this expression of it's been a while since go back to my childhood.

A painful sobs escaped his mouth. Let it all out, I thought.

" Hyung... I'm hungry. I'm really hungry. But then again, even after eating all of these food I'm still not full. I'm hungry."

P S Y CH   W A R D