Day 5

Today we headed to Notre Dame and the 5th & 6th Arrondissement. Starting at Notre Dame, take time to appreciate the intricate artwork and details of this gorgeous Cathedral. I remembered when I watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame when I was younger. When I was younger, I thought Esméralda was gorgeous. Maybe I should've known I wasn't straight at that age.

We followed our tour guide for a walk around the Notre Dame Cathedral and learn about all the secrets of one of the most romantic places in Paris. Between the two banks, discover the gargoyles and what they represent, the legend of headless Saint-Denis, and the greatest love story ever between Heloïse and Abelard.

Next, we headed to Cross the Art's Bridge. Cross the Arts' bridge and follow the tradition: Lovers are used to going on the Arts' Bridge to hang a lock on the grids of the bridge before throwing the key into the Seine as a symbol of their eternal love! I wish I can do this tradition. Maybe if I had a lock and key, Odile and I could do this tradition...as friends of course.

We later headed to the streets to enjoy a Street Show on a Pedestrian Bridge. The show was great, I really enjoyed the entertainment there.

Lastly, we tried some Berthillion's Ice Cream. Berthillion is considered to have the most delicious ice cream in Paris and I have to agree. I had a chocolate coned ice cream. I finished so fast, it was just that good.

From there, head to Shakespeare & Company to buy a new book. I used the money dad gave me before the trip. I bought "Murder on Orient Express" by Agatha Christie. I always wanted to read the book. From a young age, I always liked thrillers and mystery stories. Growing up I always read Trio detective.

I went to read in Jardin de Luxembourg while relaxing under a tree. It was such a nice period in my life. I wish my life was more like this. Relaxing under a tree while reading a book without a worry. I can only dream. As I was reading I suddenly remembered about my mother. What is she doing right now? She wanted to go somewhere for a while. I haven't seen her, should I be worried? Maybe it's best that she left me alone forever. As I finished another chapter, I saw Odile come near me. She had a book with her, Metropolitan Stories: A Novel by Christine Coulson in her hand. She sat next to me under this cozy tree.

"Your mom is crazy," she said.

"Why?"

"She wasted my time by telling me to stay away from you,"

"I should've known. I thought she was flirting with some French guy,"

"I told her that you are an adult. You don't need mommy to tell you who you should hang out with. I must leave. I see your mother," Odile left as she smiled at me. Mother came back to me. She didn't say a word, she just grabbed her phone and completely ignored me.

At the end of the day, we grabbed a bite in the park and headed to the Pantheon to visit the graves of some very notable people. At Paris' Pantheon, The monument houses the remains of scientist Marie Curie, philosopher Voltaire, writer Victor Hugo, and other luminaries.