VIII - The Shadow

The Shadow had haunted Mr Alcindor's family for generations. She wasn't always malicious; in fact she was quite a courteous house guest when she wanted to be. She was just scared. Scared for the destruction the spheres would cause; the destruction that killed her.
Everyone knew the Emperor's daughter. Few people had actually had the honour of viewing her, and even fewer had seen her perfection in person. She was revered and appreciated, not only for her looks but for her kindness. Her selflessness. Her overwhelming generosity that proceeded her throughout the empire. She was raised to be and Empress- reared to be a ruler.
Her father was the most powerful man in the ancient world. The Emperor was in control of most of modern day Africa, and a large percentage of southern Europe. There was no being more powerful than him- but he was greedy. Hailed from England, the Anglo Emperor was never satisfied; he would stop at nothing- even deals with the supernatural, as legend dictates- to obtain the section of the continent he pined for the most. South Africa.
The Klerksdorp Spheres were hitherto unknown to planet earth. To the naked eye, they seemed to be nothing more than ordinary rocks, but their power they held was unlike anything else ever registered. They would float eerily around their commander's open palm, individually called upon when the moment was right. Over time, the Alcindor Family had moulded and crafted the raw rocks into perfect spheres.

HERES THE GIST
we're gonna do a lil bit of dramatic irony here- this chapter is going to be sphere context and stowaway catch up
the shadow, in life, was the daughter of a general invading africa. she was betrothed to the opposing general's son as a false alliance that would lure the africans into a false sense of security.
her father had planned to use the klerksdorp spheres to wipe out the other army and claim the lands riches for himself. after overhearing the plan, the daughter runs away in an attempt to warn the opposition. she doesn't make it, as she's killed by the spheres before she gets there- sacrificing herself. from then on, her shadow guards the spheres in an attempt to save other people who use them. shes harmless until allsix are found. thenshe goes APESHIT
Each of the spheres are represented by elements- as below. the emperor made a sneaky deal with them to get an heir in the first place, and she's therefore connected to them which is part of why she guards them. when they brought back the blue one, weird shit happens with the thames. weird things happen when the spheres are found corresponding to what they represent.
mare- sea blue
ignis- fire red
ventus- wind yellow
folium- leaf green
esse- being orange
fata- fate purple

'That's my girl.'