Chapter Six: The Obstacle Course

It was the day of the Sports Festival. The day everyone had been anxiously awaiting. We were all expected to be there by eight am sharp. It was currently seven fifty five, and I was walking into the stadium to the Class 1-A waiting room.

When I opened the door, I discovered that most of the class was already there. The only ones who weren't yet were Kaminari, Koda, and Ashido.

I sat down towards the back corner with Tokoyami and Tsu. Everyone had on their P.E uniforms, as we had been expected to do. Everyone was strangely and eerily silent. I didn't like it, not one bit. This class was almost never silent, that itself said just how much anxiety everyone had at this moment.

"Midoriya," I heard Shoto say. I looked towards him as he looked at Midoriya with his usual icy stare, Midoriya looked nervous. "As you know, today's Sports Festival is for us to be noticed by all those pro heroes out there." He motioned to the stadium. "My old man will be out there, watching. You might be in All Might's corner, getting advice from him. But make no mistake, I will beat you today." He glared at Midoriya.

"Geez, Todoroki. That was a little much, don't you think?" Kaminari, who had apparently come in during that declaration said.

"We're not here to make friends, we're here to become heroes." Shoto said as he left the room.

"That was cold, are you okay, Midoriya?" Hagakure asked. Midoriya turned to her and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks, Hagakure."

I looked down.

"Ito, are you okay?" Tsu asked. I turned towards her.

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry about me." I smiled at her, and she nodded.

"Ohh! This is so nerve-wracking!" Ashido exclaimed. I turned towards her in surprise.

"Ashido? When did you get here?" I questioned. She blinked at me and then gave me her signature smile.

"Oh! Just a minute ago, actually!" She rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. I nodded in understanding.

I scanned the room to see if Koda had entered, he had. He was in the corner of the room. I wasn't surprised I didn't know he came in, he was fairly quiet, after all.

"All Sports Festival contenders, please step out into the stadium!" Present Mic's voice rang out over the speaker. We all stood up and walked out.

"Good luck, everybody!" Ashido said as we stepped out into the stadium, cheers erupting. I looked around and saw all the other first year classes. There were the support classes, the general education classes, management classes, and the other hero class. I was really nervous now.

"Welcome everyone to UA's annual Sports Festival! Today, the first year's will be competing against each other in three different rounds of competition! We have the hero classes, class 1-A and class 1-B! The general education classes, classes 1-C, D, and E! The support classes, classes 1-F, G, and H! And finally, the management classes, classes 1-I, J, and K! The first round will be..." Midnight glanced up at a huge screen, and a wheel spun, until it landed on something. "An obstacle course!" She exclaimed. The crowd erupted in more cheers.

"The only rules for the Obstacle course are, no going off the track, or fatally injuring anyone, otherwise anything else goes! The round will start in three, two, one! Go!" She declared, everyone then rushed through the opening to get to the obstacle course, but everyone was trying to get through at once, so it was difficult.

I made a little ice pillar that stuck out on the side of the wall, just above everyone else, and used it to lift myself up above the crowd. I then proceeded to make multiple others and used them like monkey bars, but I was on top, until I got to the end of the tunnel, and jumped down in front of everyone. I saw Shoto in front of everyone else, already running, and was preparing myself for him to freeze everyone to the ground.