I

Never. Gone. Slipped away. Those are a few things that I think about when I look at her. Her beautiful perfect features. Her soft voice has a way of hypnotizing me. Her eyes were deep pools of memories. Her small frail hands that I wish were intertwined with mine. Her loving, caring, and quiet nature. Her personality. Not rude but not exactly nice either... like an Avril Lavigne song. Her hair was long and beautiful. 

She's perfect in every way imaginable. But her heart belongs to another. Another person who doesn't notice her. Another person who doesn't care for her. Another person... not me.

The first time I saw her. Sitting alone at the far table of the coffee shop looking out the window. She took my breath away. My heart started beating faster. I sat down 3 tables away. I hid my face in the pages of a book glancing up at her every so often. At one point she pulled out a book. The same book I was reading. 

Finally, a chance for me to talk to her. I was nervous, but I got up slowly and made my way over to her. She looked up at me and away from her book. My breath caught in my throat when her eyes met mine. Crystal orbs of swirling browns and golds. I told her I couldn't help but notice the book she was reading. She asked me to sit, and we talked all afternoon. When we finally said goodbye it was about 5 o'clock. I learned so much about her that day. 

She had just moved here and was staying about half a mile away from me. We had many things in common. She loved music, cooking, and reading. 

I told her about the job opening at a local restaurant when she mentioned that. She moved here from Canada where she had lived all her life. She was 23 years old and single. We exchanged numbers and left.

 I went home that night happier than I had been in years. When I tried to fall asleep I could only picture her face. Her long silky hair that I wanted to run my fingers through. Her soft lips that I longed to kiss. Her bright eyes sparkled when she laughed or grinned.