Before

Kiara got into battle stance, her long, white- blonde hair tied up in a high ponytail so it wouldn't bother her. She held her dagger in her hand, ready to fight.

Ruy lunged at her, causing her to duck and swipe at him with her dagger. Ruy leaned back and then grabbed her hand, twisting it. Using his arm's attachment to hers, she pulled back and kicked him in the face, forcing him to let go. 

Blood streaming from his nose, Ruy stumbled back before regaining his dignity and swiping at her arm drawing blood. Kiara used the opportunity to trip him and quickly bent down to twist his arms behind his back to prevent him from getting up. She held her dagger against his neck.

"I win!" she told him triumphantly, letting him go.

"Yeah, because I let you."

Kiara smirked at him. 

"We both know that's not true."

Rolling his eyes, Ruy headed inside one of the huts around the grassy training area. Kiara followed him to Faraj, the Neverseen medic's first aid kit.

"We should probably patch that up." He said, pointing to the mark he left on her arm. Kiara looked down at her arm and nodded.

"Good slash, by the way," she said, poking him on the nose. "Slash to kill."

He chuckled. Opening Faraj's kit, he found some medicine and a bandage. He gently smoothed the medicine on, helping it heal faster, then wrapped the bandage across it. They didn't have as much fancy medicine as the "Black Swan", but they were happy here. Just thinking about the Black Swan sent shivers down Kiara's spine.

"Kia, are you OK?" Ruy asked, noticing Kiara's fallen expression. She smiled and nodded. Ruy could always make her feel better. He was her best friend, after all.

Ruy had dark brown hair, messed up scruffily from all the fighting. He was a lot taller than Kiara, and he had strong features with beautiful aquamarine eyes. He was the type of guy girls would die for.

Kiara didn't really notice that about him. 

After all, they were just friends.

Ruy's eyes met Kiara's ice blue ones. She wore her determined expression, full of confidence. She actually had bested him in the fighting match today.

She just didn't need to know that.

The Neverseen has been Kiara's home since she was a baby. Her mother, Gisela Sencen, was the leader of the organistation, so Kiara was destined to take her place one day. 

Despite being the Boss's daughter, Kiara was friendly with a lot of the members she knew. Ruy, Faraj and Trix were her biggest allies in the Neverseen. Ruy was a Psinopath, meaning he had the ability to create force fields. Faraj was a Flasher, meaning he could create light. Trix was a Guster, meaning he could control the wind. 

Kiara was quite disappointed with her ability. It was useless. An Empath. Ugh.

She knew she couldn't have gotten her ability from her Polyglot mother, so her ability might have come from her father. 

If only she knew who he was.

A/N Hi, I hope you liked the first chapter! Please comment so I know someone is actually reading this(if anyone is)!

Thank you so so much for reading this.

~bronwynrojasislife