ONE: Watch The Rain With Me {Request}

[So this was requested as a Y/N, Daryl x Reader request and I tried to write it like that but it just wasn't working for me. It's writing in 2nd person and I always write in Third it just didn't sound good, so I did name the character. I hope that doesn't take away the enjoyment, but yeah. ]

<><><>

Daryl was fuming.

Daryl and Celaena had met back on the farm right after the world promptly went to shit. She was hunting a deer in the woods, it was in her line of sight, the scope of her rifle scaned the area around it, that was when she noticed a boy. Before she knew it the deer and the boy fell to the ground along with a gunshot that pierced the air. She wasn't the one who pulled the trigger.

Although a man accidentally shooting a boy wasn't her ideal meeting point she was eternally grateful for that moment. That moment led her to the farm, to Daryl, to the rest of her family.

Her and Daryl had always had a sort of connection. For one they had both been alone, while everyone else in their group had blooming friendships or family they ended up the odd men out.

But that somehow made them fall in together.

It wasn't till after the prison fell that they started a relationship. The feelings had been there for a while but it wasn't till they lost one another that they knew how deep they truly were.

When the prison was attacked Daryl had ended up with Beth, not the ideal person of his choice. He barely knew the girl, until he did. But just as fast as their friendship came it went when Beth died.

Daryl hadn't let the world break him down, but by then, after the prison, Hershel, and Beth, his brother it was all too much. He was at the tipping point as much as he hated to admit it.

But she was there. Celaena wouldn't let him break. She wouldn't let him go through it alone. He would scowl, and scream and grumble for her to leave him be but she didn't budge. And that was enough.

And it was then that it started.

Relationship wise they hadn't been together long, 6 months at best, but they had cared and loved each other long before that. And when Daryl first uttered those 3 words and 8 letters he had never been so scared in his life. But then she had said them back and the world didn't seem so dark anymore.

But now she was missing, she had been missing 43 days to be exact, and if you asked Daryl he'd probably know down to the second how much time had passed since he last saw her.

They had been leading the massive herd away from Alexandria when it happened, it blurred all together when he thought about it now.

She had been with Glenn, Michonne and the rest of the group in the run from the herd, but then she got cut off and separated. And the last thing he heard her say through the walkie static In his ears.

"They trapped me in."

She had been scared. Her voice had trembled when she said it. It was burnt into the rim of Daryls mind, and there wasn't a damn thing he could do to help her.

Everyone thought she was dead. That's why Daryl was currently beyond pissed off. The wind blew against his face sending his hair astray as he rode his bike.

He had been in Alexandria working on his bike when Rick walked up to him. "Hey, Tara mentioned you were going out."

"Yeah," Daryl rasped. "Nothings left 'round here, all the stores are picked through, goin' to go further out try 'ta find somewhere." Rick nodded and pursed his lips Daryl could tell he was biting his tongue to keep from saying something. "What?" Daryl questioned.