Chapter 5

She stood in a dark road, with only one light illuminating the surroundings. The darkness was oppressive, and beneath the lamppost, her mother gazed at her. She tried to move but found herself unable, struggling against an unseen force. 

A dark figure appeared behind her mother, with its wicked smile, pointed finger towards her sending a shiver down her spine. A pitch black puddle materialized beneath her feet, and the shadow, with a crescent-moon smile, started pulling her down, relishing in the girl's despair. 

She screamed, but no sound escaped, tears streaming down her cheeks. As the darkness consumed her, a cry of despair echoed. Then, she woke up, drenched in sweat, the vivid dream still haunting her. Mia looked towards the window, where the moon shone brightly.

The sound of a closing door took her by surprise. In the pitch-black darkness, she couldn't discern who had left. Curiosity tugged at her, but exhaustion overwhelmed her, pulling her back into the realm of dreams.

The next morning, everyone gathered in the operation room, awaiting Blake's instructions. Mia, still tired, joined them. Aiden and Dong discussed the items they needed for their outing. 

Mia, recalling the closed door, asked them, "Did one of you go out last night?"

They both looked at her and answered simultaneously, "No!"

Dong added, "Why? Did something happen?"

Mia explained, "Last night, when I woke up, I heard the door shut."

Aiden suggested, "Maybe it's from the room beside ours."

The door opened, and Blake entered, checking if everyone was present before starting his instructions. Mia, Aiden, and Dong formed one group, and Blake divided the others into two. Emma protested Blake's decision, expressing dissatisfaction with having Mia in her group. Dwayne silenced her, and Blake emphasized that Aiden and Dong would guide each group, warning them not to open their eyes until signaled. He assigned a meeting place and set a departure time.

Aiden and Mia bid farewell to Dong. While Blake entrusted the responsibility of the place to Dwayne. Then the groups departed.

Mia stood close to Aiden, unable to conceal her fear of Emma. Aiden, noticing her grip on his shirt, patted her head, asking, "Are you scared of her?"

Looking up, Mia admitted, "I can feel her glares. She doesn't like me, and that scares me."Aiden reassured her, "I'm here, so you don't have to worry about her."

Lucas, appearing behind them, added, "Don't think too much about what she does; she only knows how to open her mouth."

Aiden chimed in, "You see! Just stay by my side and don't take your eyes off me."

Except for Aiden and Dong, everyone wore a headband to cover their eyes. Mia confirmed that hers was secure, gripping Aiden's shirt tightly out of fear of being left behind. Aiden reassured her, saying, "Let go! Once we finish this mission, we'll get to see Dong, so let's hurry."

The streets, filled with corpses, were empty. Aiden scanned every corner for signs of danger, but nothing caught his eye.

Lucas remarked, "Don't you find it strange? After all that happened yesterday, today seems so peaceful."

Aiden agreed, "I know! Even the glasses don't pick up anything."

Lucas expressed a wish, "I wish things could stay like this."

Aiden responded, "Well, maybe this is just the calm before the storm."

Lucas "I hope you're wrong."

Aiden laughed, adding, "I hope too."

They approached their destinations, and Aiden remarked, "It's just around in the corner." 

Excitement filled the group, and they hurried to the store's door.

But just as she grabbed the door handle to open it . Aiden  warned her, "Wait! Don't open the door; there's someo..."

Before he could finish, a loud bang rang out, and Emma was shot in the shoulder. Chaos ensued, and Aiden rushed to assist Lucas with the injured Emma.

...To be continued