METAMORPHOSIS

Violent and ill-tempered Araxi Taheri is not "girl next door" material. With a tendency towards outbursts of anger that land her in jail cells overnight, bloody but victorious; habits of hiding liquor in plastic bottles in her bra drawer; her pockets always carrying switchblades, prerolls, lighters—whatever she can get her hands on—and an inclination to graffiti and vandalize every surface she comes across, it's not a surprise when everyone in her life decides that enough is enough.

          Her SHIELD agent brother, back from death some five years after an alien wiped out half of existence, thinks that interacting with good-girl-next-door Kamala Khan will be a perfect opportunity for Araxi to get some normal acquaintances before she ends up shipped off to some military school across the country.

          Except that in the Avengers' desperate bid to get back the dead half of the universe, they caused a burst of energy that awakened a hidden gene in a portion of the population. To Araxi, now hiding her mutation in a world swarming with wannabe superheroes and murderous villains, nothing is the same. Nothing is well. There's electricity crawling under her skin no matter how hard she scratches or how deep she digs, and the static in her brain is all encompassing. She needs to get rid of the energy by any means necessary. And as it turns out, Kamala, a.k.a Ms. Marvel, one of the supposed superheroes, and her little team of sidekicks think they have the means to help her.

          You're an adrenaline junkie, her brother tells her, and it's true. She's constantly looking for her next fix, typically in the form of pretty boys with their even prettier motorcycles and devious girls who press their lips against hers and tabs of acid to her tongue. She's an opportunist; sue her. And Sam Alexander presents the biggest opportunity. A chance to quiet the energy in her veins before it spills out in an explosion even greater than she could imagine.

⚡️

ARAXI TAHERI
as described

SAMUEL "Nova" ALEXANDER as described

as described

SAMUEL "Nova" ALEXANDER as described

WITH!

KAMALA KHAN
as described

MILES MORALES
as described

&

THE AVENGERS AND CO.

⚡️

content warnings
substance abuse, allusions to self harm, violence, mature language and other themes

author's note
lmao so this is back 👀
this is one of my oldest fics even though i never got past like 2 chapters and now it's been complete revamped that it's not even recognizable anymore.

anyways this is a mcu au that incorporates the champions comics. i'm making major changes to both but basically it's the champions team in the mcu. idk how they'll bring the xmen into the mcu but i've seen theories of the snap causing the x gene to awaken so that's what i'm going with. some mcu stuff is canon and some isn't and follows the comic route more. i'll explain (and decide) as i go so don't think about it much, yeah?

mwuah