Every Night

Warnings

POV switch?

Mentions of Abuse

Alternating names

Thievery

Non-canon Touya

Shoto Todoroki. Son of the number 1 hero. You'd think he'd have the perfect family, the perfect life, the perfect existence. 

If that were the case he wouldn't be bleeding out on the training room floor in his house. His sister wouldn't have to drag him up to his room. His siblings wouldn't have to clean and bandage the wounds made by his hero father.

Every night.

Shoto got home from school, changed into his training clothes, and waited in the training room for his father. If he wasn't in the training room before his father there would be a punishment, if he wasn't dressed properly there was a punishment, if he complained, if he talked back, if he didn't fight correctly there was a punishment. His father always seemed to find the smallest things wrong that he could punish Shoto for.

Every night.

Shoto would think about how his life could change. He'd think about a happy family, no abuse, no mental hospital, no death, no burns, no scar. But alas it was all a fantasy, when he opened his eyes he was met with the smell of blood and the sight of his broken and battered body.

Every night.

His body seemed to break, over and over again. Though he kept going, not giving him a chance to slow down, not giving him a chance to heal.

Every night.

When would the nightmare end?

.

.

.

It was late, Shoto had just finished a 'training' session with his father. He was lucky, this wasn't as bad as the ones before. He managed to push himself up with maximum effort. His muscles ached and begged for rest but he pushed on. He got himself to a standing position and hobbled as best he could.

 He was in the hallway on the way to his room when he heard something. He looked to the closed door the sound came from and did a double take, almost falling over quickly steadying himself on the wall.

That can't be.

That's when he heard it again louder now that he was paying attention.

No one had been in that room for years. Too painful. But that was definitely where the noise came from.

Touya's room...

Shoto limped towards the door, his legs screaming at him to lay down, but he needed to find out what the noise was. Putting his ear to the door he heard some shuffling, then a quiet sob. Common sense being nonexistent in Shoto's head at this moment, he put his hand on the door handle. 

He carefully opened the door trying to get a look inside, momentarily forgetting that he could barely walk. He managed to crack the door open without making a sound. He looked as far as he could into the room, briefly seeing a flash of red.

That's when his legs gave out, having been put through too much strain. He collapsed into the room, the stranger turning around, at first terrified at being caught but after he saw Shoto on the floor, blood and bruises littering his body, he rushed to help. 

As the stranger ran over, Shoto realized it was no stranger at all.

Hawks, the number 2 pro hero was the one in his older brother's room. That made sense, they were friends before Touya had died. Though he was confused as to why Hawks had snuck in, surely Fuyumi would have let him in if he asked.