𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝚊𝚗 𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚍

hayasaka woke up in a panic

hayasaka woke up in a panic. not only did she not recognize the room she was in, but a bird holding bread was staring right at her.  she almost screamed but realized that she could possibly be in a murderer's house. in fact, she's been hearing some footsteps outside the room, and to be honest, she was terrified.  she slowly got up, not wanting to make a sound.  she reached for the window and opened it, and just as she was about to climb out, the door to the bedroom opened.

'i messed up.'  hayasaka thought, not wanting to turn around to meet her doom.  "what are you doing?"  hayasaka flinched, the voice sounding so familiar to her.  'where did i here it?'  she stayed still, wracking her mind of possible answers until arms were wrapped around her waist.  she squealed out loud, being dragged down to the bed as the person behind her turned her around.

"uramichi?"  hayasaka said, now realizing why the voice was familiar.  this was also the moment she realized that she passed out in his living room last night.  "what were you trying to do?"  hayasaka laughed nervously, refusing to look at him even when he moved to meet her gaze.  "i thought i was at some random murderer's house."  she mumbled out, her cheeks burning at how embarrassing that was.  "you do know that this is a two-story building, right?"  hayasaka has never been more embarrassed in her life until this moment.

the two were sitting in omota's living room, an episode of together with mamman playing.  hayasaka wondered if omota ever got tired of watching it (according to usahara he always watches it).  hayasaka was too deep in her thoughts that she didn't realize that omota was waving his hand in front of her face.

"did you need something?"  omota could only stare at her blankly, not sure if whether or not she was out of it or just has her head in the clouds.  "are you okay?"  it was a simple question, and it honestly could be about anything.  but hayasaka knew he was asking about last night with her parents.  in truth, she wasn't okay, having a deep part about herself be exposed unwillingly in front of her coworker.  even so, she knew to lie about these things, so as not to bother anyone.

"i'm used to it, so it doesn't really matter."  omota knew the smile she gave him was fake, he was a professional at doing that after all.  but, for the sake of their work relationship, as well as the tolerable vibe around them, he chose to keep quiet.  there are just some things that shouldn't be asked or said out loud.  omota decided this was one of them.  after all, he knew what it was like having people's expectations weigh down on him.  how terrifying it is not to meet them and disappoint everyone.  he knew it best, having failed himself and those around him as well.

quite depressing, even for me.  though i do feel better after writing this chapter.

  though i do feel better after writing this chapter