Chapter 4

***Martinette's POV***

"Marinette, are you ok? What happened?" Tiki asked, coming out of her hiding spot.

"I just had a nightmare of Chat Blanc." I said, wiping away my tears. 

"Well, I know you want to meet Chat but please tell him you can't be Ladybug for a couple weeks, please I could feel how drained you were after."

"Fine but we need to leave now." I said slowly standing up.

I felt myself shaking as I transformed and I was still shaking as I made my way to the Eiffel Tower. I landed behind Chat and he turned and saw I was shaking. He stood up and walked over to me putting his hands on my arms leading me to sit down.

"M'lady, are you ok?"

"Y-yes." I said trying to stop myself from shaking.

"Ok, well what did you want to talk about?" He asked sitting down next to me.

"Well, I-I won't be able to be Ladybug for a couple weeks. A-and I thought we could just talk for a little." I said.

"Wait, you won't be able to be Ladybug, why?"

"Well, I don't know if you noticed but I was slower today. That's because I hurt my, leg, and my kwamii told me that was my last Akuma attack until I was healed, but if I think you need help I'm going to come help you." I said.

"No, if you're hurt I don't want you fighting. I would feel awful if both of my closest friends were hurt." He said.

"Who else do you know who is hurt?" I asked.

"Remember how I said I needed to talk to my princess, well we've met her before her name is Marinette."

Right he was talking about me, well the other side of me.

"M'lady you can't be ladybug." He said turning back to me.

"I would have to give my miraculous to someone else, meaning they would have to know my identity." I said looking up at him.

"Anything to keep you safe." He didn't look at me.

"Chat, are you sure?" I asked.

"No, I always thought we would know our identities before anyone else" He said "But if it will keep you safe then you do what you need to do." He said standing up ready to leave.

"Chat." I said.

He turned.

"What if I told you I didn't tell you because, well yes it's safer but because, I was scared you would be disappointed." I said.

"M'lady I love you no matter who you are, but,"

"But what?" I asked scared.

"I think I love Marinette." He said quietly.

My heart stopped, he loved me?

"I'm going to go check on her, see you later M'lady." He said jumping off.

Knowing there was no way I'd beat him home so I decided to detransform close to my house and say I went on a walk. I was walking, well limping, when I heard someone behind me. I turned to see.

"Lila?"

"Hello Marinette, I see you're working on walking again." she said coldly.

"Yes."

"Well, I've noticed you've become very close with Adrien, so close in fact that he defended you yesterday." She said.

"Yes I heard about that." I said slowly stepping back.