Prologue

So, before we get into any of OBX drama such as The Kooks Vs Pogue situation...My name is Spencer...Cameron, yes, Ward Cameron's daughter and the twin sister of the Kook princess Sarah Cameron – don't get me wrong I love my sister, but she loves attention and she loves being a flirt even though she has a boyfriend, Topper.

He is – how do I explain it... cocky and very very dramatic when he has had a few to drink.

My dear brother, Rafe – he is my one and only older brother, he and I are sort of the black sheep of the family as we call it. I do have to say that he can be very negative at times and loves his drugs very much and can be very violent and aggressive towards the pogues those whom he deems a threat to which I'll never know why. My little sis Wheezie – out of all my siblings I get on with her a lot she's my favourite...But please don't tell the others. She is like my little spy. She helps me with sneaking out and overall, just being the best little sister ever.

And...There's me Spencer – I am 16 years old, and I am also a part of the pogue gang even though I'm a Kook, a Cameron to be precise. My father being Ward Cameron and a father who doesn't acknowledge her daughter, so yes, I hang with the Pogues – who consist of my bff Kiara or kie, we are both born Kooks but Pogue by heart – there's also John B who is like an older brother to me, I spend most of my time at his house 'the Château' we call it, his dad sadly disappeared at sea just over nine months ago, looking for a shipwreck. He was just as a father to me as my own father.

I miss him...

Anyway, Pope – he is sort of the brains of the operations...finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship, and the smartest person I know. If I am stuck on a question in school, he is the one I go to. He also wants to be a coroner I think – his dad is a legendary character, love him, Heyward.

He's the man to know on the island if you want something, Heyward could get it for you.

Finally, but certainly not least JJ Maybank, my best friend as well as JB – since third grade actually...we have been attached to the hip. He's as local as they come, he is one of the best surfers I know – apart from me of course.

He's as local as they come – latest in a long line of finishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water.

And that's my crew...