Chapter Eleven

Chapter eleven ~ edited

I got home at 9:00. Crystal tried her hardest not to ignore me. I ended up talking to myself a couple times. I walked into my room and collapsed onto my bed. I was so tired. I closed my eyes for a second. I groaned. I still had to get changed. I got up and changed. I put my phone on charge and got back into bed.

I woke up. I wasn't in my room. Instead I was near a river. I looked at my reflection. It was human. Thank God! I looked around. I was at a clearing. It was really pretty. The mare appeared from a group of trees.

"Why do you come in my dreams?"

"I'm just in your dreams for now."

"What do you mean for now?"

"You'll see eventually Summer."

"Why can't you tell me?"

"Just wait."

"Who are you?"

"I said before. I'm you."

What did that mean? She wasn't me. I was me.

I woke up. Why was I having dreams about this mare? She was always there. What was so important about her?

Was I going crazy? I looked at the clock. 6:00am. Not a bad time. I got up and groaned in pain.

"Oww!" I whined. My muscles hurt a lot and I felt sick all of a sudden. I slowly got out of bed. I couldn't be bothered to get dressed. I stopped halfway to the door. "Oh just brilliant." I said.

It was monday. That meant school. Screw that! I was asking mum if I could stay home. I walked downstairs and saw mum making a coffee.

"Mum can I stay home today?" I asked. She stopped stirring her coffee and looked at me.

"Now why do you want to stay home honey?"

"I feel sick and I can hardly walk." I explained.

"Alright you can stay home."

"Thanks." I said with no enthusiasm. I didn't feel in the mood for being over enthusiastic. I'd leave that for another day. I had breakfast and walked back upstairs. I entered my room and texted Crystal.

Hey. Not coming 2 school 2day. Have fun without me.

U ok?

Just feeling bit sick.

Ok cya later.

Cya.

I put my phone down and laid on my bed. What was I going to do today? Possibly sneak out and go nextdoor and take Storm out? Perfect. Although it wasn't going to be fun walking there.

"Summer. Jason is going to a friends house for the day and your dad and I are going into town. Will you be alright by yourself?" Mum asked.

Hmm. Maybe I didn't need to sneak out.

"I'll be fine." I said.

"Alright. See you in a couple of hours."

"See ya."

I waited for everybody to leave. Just as Jason drove away, there was this weird feeling. It was like someone was in my head.

"Its almost time Summer. Be ready."

Uhh... What did I have to be ready for? I shook my head. I was totally going crazy.

There was pain everywhere in my body. Mum and dad walked to their car. Mum looked at my worriedly. I mouthed 'I'm ok' and mum nodded. They drove away and I let out a whimper. What was happening to me? I walked back to my room. I put on a pair of jeans and a black tank top. I put my boots on and slowly walked towards Seth's house. It was going to be great despite how I felt. A nice ride with Se... I hit myself in the forehead. Damn it! I forgot. Seth wasn't here.

I walked to the stable. Storm whinnied and put his head over the stall door.

"Hey boy." I said, petting his muzzle. I gave him a kiss and walked to the tack room. I grabbed his tack, a hoof pick and a brush and walked back to him. I put his saddle, saddle blanket and bridle on the door. I opened the stall door and walked in. I gave him a brush and picked out his feet then started tacking him up. I couldn't be bothered to tack him up in the wash bay. I put the saddle blanket on and grabbed the saddle.

"Summer?" David asked.

"Uh... Hi." I said.

"Why aren't you in school?" He asked.

"I... Uh... Wasn't feeling very well."

"Oh but of course you're never too sick to ride a horse."

"Nope never." I said.

"Alright. Have fun."

"Thanks." I laughed and put the saddle on Storm. I did up the girth and put on his bridle. I led him out of the stable. When we were outside, I mounted him and walked on the trail. I wanted to see the beautiful herd again.

I felt so different and more connected with horses. I heard about brumby culls in Australia and I absolutely hated that. It always bothered me, but now I thought it was absolutely wrong. The poor horses.

I was almost at the clearing when that pain came back. I winced. It slowly faded away. I made it to the clearing. I was so shocked. They were being rounded up. I watched them get chased. I felt dizzy. I saw the stallion, he whinnied to me.

Help

I was totally hearing things. The pain came back. It's worse this time. More painful. I felt more dizzy. I fell off Storm. He bolted towards home. I passed out.

I woke up. I stood up quickly and I looked around. They were still being chased. My heart sank. How could they be so cruel?

"The horses want their freedom. Let them have it!" I screamed at the guys that were rounding up the herd. They looked at me.

"There's another one. Get her!"

Another one? What did they mean by another one? I looked around. There weren't any horses near me.

"Run!" The stallion yelled.

How could I understand him? I wasn't a horse. I looked at my feet. They weren't human feet. They were... Hooves?