Chapter 6: Getting to know(2)

*****

Ashley's POV

I am munching my food happily when I sense that someone is looking at me. I looked up and saw Uno staring at me with a smile painted on his cute face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I'm drowning in his eyes again, so I quickly divert my gaze back to my food.

"Do you forgive me now?" His question makes me caught off guard. I look at him then try to read what is in his mind. His smile subsides and he continue eating. He looks so down so I grab his left hand and squeeze it a little. He then looks at me with a hopeful eye.

"I... Uhm... Yeah apology accepted." I shyly said as I bit my lower lip. As soon as he heard my words he quickly stands up and sat beside me. He held on to the side of my shirt while smiling brightly.

"Really?" He pulls my shirt lightly while waiting for my answer. I don't know but I like the way he acts like this. It makes me wanna smile too. And I also don't know why I acted this way. It seems like I want to give him whatever he wants because of his cute innocent face.

"Yeah, so now go back to your seat before I-" I stop talking when I feel a sudden warm envelope me. I look at my side and saw Uno hugging me. He places his head on my shoulder then tighten his hug.

"Yieee I'm so happy." He giggles like a child. He withdraws his hug then go back again at his chair. "Are we friends now?"

"Maybe? I don't know. Beside from your name and you being Benji's friend, I honestly don't know anything about you." I saw him pout again then swallow the last chunk of his chicken. I must admit that he is indeed a cute cheese ball just like what Benji told me.

"Then let's hang out. It's not like you are the only one who is feeling that way. I also don't know anything about you except the fact that you are Camille's younger sister and Benji's friend." He hissed. As I understand what he is pointing out, I laugh out loud. There are only few people inside the food chain, but they literally turn their heads toward us.

"Hey lower down your voice. Gosh it's so embarrassing." Uno said while hiding his face using his left hand. I stop laughing then sat straight.

"So... Are you done eating?" I change the topic. Some part of me is introvert just like Sunghoon so I actually felt the embarrassment too. I'm still looking at Sunoo and he looks hesitant.

"I uhm actually chicken and rice are not enough for me. You want to join me for another round?" I smile warmly when he looks at me with a surprised face.

"You... You won't mind if I eat a lot?" I shot him with a confused look.

"What's wrong with that?" I laugh a little to assure him.

"Anyways, what are you doing in that place?" I ask him as I suddenly remember how he finds me.

"I live near the vicinity. I actually saw you near the 7/11. I just followed you to apologize." He explains while he is busy munching his food.

We just talk about random things until we both didn't notice the time. He is actually the one who remind me about going home. He accompanies me till in front of my house. The whole time that we spent is really refreshing. It feels like healing and at the same time I'm learning few things about him.

"Here we are. Now go inside then sleep tight." And up until now, his smile is still plastered at his handsome face. I can't help but to smile as well.

"Ok. Thanks for walking me home. Take care." I bid him a goodbye then went inside our house with a big smile. I feel like I misjudged him. I felt sorry but I think this is a good chance to make another friend.

Uno's POV

As I saw Ashley's back disappeared to my sight, I drop the smile that I am wearing. I decided to take a cab. Walking with her is indeed a wonderful time but it is also tiring. We walk starting in front of their subdivision until her house.

"So tiring." I close my eyes then rest my back at the seat. I am about to shift in the Dreamland when the taxi driver spoke.

"You indeed look tired young man. What did you do to end up like this?" I open my eyes then shot the driver with a death glare.

"Just shut up and drive." I saw how his expression change. He looks pissed but he focuses on driving. I smirk.

People are really amazing. They put a smile even they are not happy. They will say that they care for you but trust me they don't. They will show you how they love you, but they actually loathed you. Some will say they hate you but deep inside, they like you. They will compliment you, but they will talk shit behind your back.

That's why I don't easily give my trust to others. And that's also the reason why I end up like this. In order to survive in this world, you also need to do what they do. Just like how a saying goes, 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'.

*****

Please don't forgot to vote 😉