Fort Salem

It was quick, or at least it felt that way, the images blurred together as one as i drift in and out of consciousness, i could hear the pounding of my heart in my ears, the throbbing in my chest, and that was alli could sense before i was out again.

the next time i woke, after this happened a few times, i found something pressed tightly to my stomach, i panicked quickly, though my eyes were barely open and my movements sluggish, i looked down. thank god. the tightnessi felt around my stomach, were the covers of a duvet tightly tucked into the bed, bringing me warmth rather quickly, though i could still shiver at the thought of the pool, being submerged, knowing, this did happen to witches, wa a thing of the past, no matter how bad witches were being treated now, and the spree going around, i was glad to not have to experience that, or watch others meet the same fate with a much more unfortunat ending.

"child" a voice came from my side, i turned my head, the authority in her voice made me sit up as straight as i could, yet, maybe my ears misheard, behind the strict manor of her words, there was concern, worry, a certain softness, though perhaps thats what i wanted to hear, what i needed. "hi..." i croaked, only coming now to the realisation of just how sore my throat was. i looked up, eyes opening up more to take in the sight of the woman who had spoken. I didn't even smile, or look at her. I couldn't. She was a witch. And I had nothing against them, but I was punished for something that I wasn't, something that my mother supposedly was. The woman in front of me gently placed her hand on mine as it rested in my lap, I quickly flinched away and shifted uncomfortable, tossing the sheets around me, at that there was a hiss.

Confused I looked up, to see the woman before me, standing to attention, and there were 7 elderly woman stood behind her, and the hiss I had heard came collectively from them. I sat in the bed, wishing I could pull my knees to my chest, but it still hurt, from the previous day, my eyes focused on the woman in front of me, my thumb slowly circling the palm of my hand nervously. She was the one I vaguely saw before I blacked out. "Did I do something wrong" I whispered, the general shook her head. "Nothing you have done has upset me. Or angered me" she confirmed, with a slight nod. She walked to me, a finger gently on my chin. "I am only disgusted by the vile creature that did this to you...this pain inflicted" alder said, almost too calmly, but another hiss from the women standing around her, led me to believe otherwise. I looked around, eyes darting sideways, minimising neck movement. "Fort Salem" the general informed me. "Ah..." I croaked for the second time that day. "So I am a...a witch?" I whispered, looking up to the general of my own free will, she was a beautiful woman, and even more so in that uniform, hugging her curves, displaying her medals she achieved through the ranks of the war. The piercing blue eyes that burnt into my soul so fiercely, the nearly braided black hair bringing out the generals home structure. I tilted my head to the side, I could have stared at her for a while, then my cheeks felt warm and I cleared my throat. "Yes.." she was trailed off at a chuckle. "Did I miss something...?" Alder asked, her face straight, but as I raised my head I didn't fail to notice the buddies looking to one another. "Well, at least I didn't... Nearly die for nothing" I'd always had a wicked sense of humour.

"Tortured. Make no mistake. What you went through was tough. And i haven't seen that treatment on a witch in..." She caught herself and let out a strained smile, she would not show her emotions, she was a general, and she had a war to win. "You will be safe here, I guarantee it, you should rest, and I'll have someone come check on you, tomorrow, you may decide whether or not to speak the oath, though by law, you are bound to serve your country" alder reminded me, standing up straight again. I didn't get a chance to reply, to voice my thoughts before a woman, dressed like alder came through the door. "Sorry general, we need you" the woman said, she was pretty beautiful too, dark skin, pale lips, brown eyes, black hair, she looked rather serious, but she looked at me briefly, a small smile leaving her lips, almost an apology for interrupting.

Alder nodded and turned to me. "Think about it" she said before turning on her heels, following the dark skinned woman through the door, the elderly women behind her following her in single file. Safe. That's what she had said. Had guaranteed it. I wanted to accept. To say the oath. To have meaning. But I didn't know whether to do it or not. If it was a risk I could take.