🕊06: Stitches🕊

I gaze over to Niragi, biting my lower lip anxiously

I gaze over to Niragi, biting my lower lip anxiously. He is currently sleeping so that he doesn't feel the stitches. I feel terrible for having to shoot him... I hope he will eventually forgive me for what happened. Chishiya sits beside him, staring at the wound with a thoughtful look on his face.

"What's going through your mind, Chess?" I ask, tapping my feet against the floor anxiously. It has been a couple of hours just waiting for him to wake up.

"Just... thinking." He shrugs, eyes cold and emotionless. He is always like that, never showing signs of emotion or feeling. I sigh, examining Niragi's wound once again.

"Niragi should be waking up soon. He'll probably feel cold for a few minutes, so I need you to go get me some blankets." I say, grabbing an ice pack. "I'm going to use this on the wound to speed up the closing process. Cold helps shrink wounds and kill infections. Hence why I need the blanket." I explain so that he will better understand my reasonging for this seemingly weird action.

"I'm aware, Nisha. I did go to med school." He chuckles before leaving the room.

He comes back soon after, a folded blanket in his hands. He passes it to me and I respond with a quiet "thank you". I place the ice pack onto his shoulder and cover his body with the blanket. Now all that's left to do is wait for him to wake up.

I look out of the window, watching the grey clouds hover over Tokyo. It was sure to rain soon. That meant the next game might be a little tricky. Yes, I'm competing again tonight. I want to keep my visa stacked up so that I'm able to take time away from it if need be. If I'm injured, I want to be able to heal without worry of competing for my life.

"Why do you help him?" Chishiya asks, taking a seat beside me. "He's an ass."

"So are you, Chess. But that shouldn't stop me from helping save a life. If someone is hurting, it's only right that I do my best to help them feel better. Especially if I'm the one who caused said suffering." I explain. I can feel his gaze on me. It's cold and calculating. "However... you hurt me, and I'll hurt you back." And with that, I am finished treating Niragi's wound.

"Hmm. Interesting." Chess looks over to a sleeping Niragi. "By now he should be having nightmares." I tilt my head at the sleeping man, taking note of his peaceful features. The only time he isn't smirking or sneering at something.

"Nightmares?"

"Mhm. Terrible ones. Something that has to do with a bully in school or something." He shrugs it off and begins cleaning up the mess I made. "It's troublesome and gets worse whenever he's competed in a traumatizing game."

"Well, aren't we all traumatized with what's going on? I'd be surprised if his mental health was still in tact." I shake my head, still feeling chills whenever I remember that first game. So many people got killed during that one. So much blood on my hands that I would have preferred to keep off.