One

The problem with my life is that I couldn't ever control it.

It was always someone's idea. It was always somebody's choices. The society decides if you were likeble enough to belong in the society.

The friends will leave if you weren't usable enough for them when in need of somebody to talk to.

Then in your family, if you acted out on what you truly felt inside - angry, sad, or depress - only will you receive disappointment and laughters thinking you were just damn dramatic.

Here's what I want to tell them.

Read what the doctor said. Parents always underestimated how the teenager's emotional drive works in this generation.

Can't they ever see that somewhere, every minute many were killing themselves?

Because there's no left fight in them inside anymore.

No one is on their side. They said we are always here but when you tried to tell them or reach out to them, they were either busy or they, like the others, doesn't think your problem is not that heavy as you make it out so.

So shut up and zip your mouth. Go inside your room and wallow on how fucked up this world is.

People are a good liars. I am a good liar. A good pretender and actor.

As far as I was concern, the people drifted away from asking why I did change. My mother become worried then I woke up one day hoping my life would be different. In the morning when I opened my eyes, it was not the same.

What with the plane ticket, visa and passport placed down my bedside table along some documents for my new school.

Shin Hwa High!?

I stomped off into the kitchen with the pamphlet on my hand. My mom were preparing her lunch for her work. I lifted up the pamphlet up to her face, not speaking but enough for her to understand.

She smiled at me. That infuriating smile. "Are you not going to say anything to me?"

"Shin Hwa High? How can we even afford this?", I asked giving her an incredelous look.

Shin Hwa High from what I found out before dreaming of the stupid fantasy of a rich guy meets poor girl - is a prestigious school for the elite families in Seoul.

Me? Even my ugly face is certainly not allowed to be seen there.

"You have a benefactor, so every money and coins that he will pay for you, make it count"

"How can I possibly believe you? There is no benefactor but a banker. You loan this", I said, screwing my face into a scowl.

She nodded, deciding for my life agaim without my permission. "This is for the best. This will be worth it in time, I have a feeling"

Trusting that voice in your head when it comes to money doesn't sit right with me.

As much as I want come there and leave her for my own peace, I know they will talk eventually. The people who have nothing to do but to always put their noses in your issues that was never theirs. Or should I say, the one they started themselves?

"No, I'm not going", I said firmly.

I knew a look of disapproval when I saw one. It's always the one everyone wore whenever they see me anywhere. And I knew then, I have to face my own fears once I'm gone, forced by my mom with her caring smile.

"You are going there and I do not need to tell you twice", she reached over and combed my messy hair through her fingers. That was always her thing.

She was so sweet. I was so bitter. We looked alike yet I am so far from her welcoming personality.