Chapter VIII: The Defeat

To say that the professors were surprised was putting it lightly. Recovery girl already walking out of the gym because of the news nezu just dropped, but the most surprised out of them was none other than All Might.

The number one pro hero looking horrified by what he just heard, A quirkless student, on the hero course, that can't be! He thought, looking wide-eyed at his new boss, Toshinori pondered about his disagreements. He might agree that the teen shows an excellent capability to hold his own in a fight, but being a hero is more than fighting; they also save those they can, be it before they get themselves in harm's way or in an emergency.

"I can't, with all my might, let someone head to their death on the battlefield!" Toshinori was surprised that the words just voiced themselves out of his mouth, making the professors and deans look at him. The same goes for nezu, tsukauchi, and the teen in question, Izuku.

He coughed inside his fist, "I'm sorry, but I can't, with good intentions, let young midoriya join the hero course." He spoke, standing up, "I agree with what Vlad was saying earlier. Villains use quirks to give them the advantage, and simply not having one is plain suicide when it comes to the hero world," He spoke sternly, surprising nezu, "You might - at some point - face a formidable villain that you can't defeat without a quirk."

"I admire your determination, young midoriya. But I cannot allow you to continue with this; it is way too dangerous!" He said, looking at the blind teen.

Izuku was now wearing his suit, his white stick still on the table with the teacups. He bit at the biscuit nezu offered, his teeth easily breaking the peace of pastry. The teen was silent; his head tilted to the side while listening to all might's speech, the other pros looking at him and nezu.

"I hope-" The bony man got cut off by Izuku mumbling something he couldn't pick up. He then saw the teen stand up, brushing his blazer for the crumbs that fell from the biscuit. He watched the teen walk to him, the staff doing the same.

When Izuku was a few inches away from All might, or toshinori, as he stated earlier, he dusted the professor's coat with both hands. Sweeping his hands on the skeletal teacher's shoulder to clear away some dirt or something. "What do you think a hero is, toshinori?" Izuku asked, straightening his back while staring straight, not at the hero's face, just forward.

Toshinori raised his eyebrows at that, "Excuse me, but what was that?" He asked politely. He was beginning to get unnerved by Izuku. He feels like the teen is staring right at him, Even though the kid wasn't looking at him. It felt weird; it was making him uneasy in a way he couldn't tell. It felt like he was facing his biggest enemy dead in the eye, but in reality, he was just in front of a crowd of professors and a blind teen standing in front of him.

Izuku fixed his blazer, "I asked, what do you think a hero is, or would you like me to word the question better?" He sarcastically questioned, tilting his head while he did.

"Word the question better?" Is what toshinori picked. He heard the teen the first time, but what kind of question is that? Of course, a hero is somebody that saves people. Even if they are afraid, they will still rescue them. Heroes will literally give their life to save the lives of the innocent. That's what a hero is, a person that sacrifices his life to ensure that the lives of ordinary citizens are safe.

"Okay, different question," Izuku said, raising his eyebrows for a brief moment and drawing a thin line across his lips. "What makes a hero? Is it dreams? Courage? Strength? A quirk?" Izuku quizzed, folding his hands behind his back.

"Well, a hero needs a strong will, they also need a strong belief in justice, but they also need immense courage to thrust their life in the sight of danger." Answered All might.