chapter 46 {all about family}

[ 3 months later]

"are you ready?" Steve asks you as he walks into the room. "you look beautiful" he says giving you a quick kiss. "thank you, you look really good too" you say looking him up and down. "this old thing" he said jokingly.

"what?" he asks as you keep staring at him

"what?" he asks as you keep staring at him. "oh sorry, you just look really handsome" you say blushing a little. Steve smiles at you and kisses you deeply. "let's go" you say and you drive to the venue together. Today was the day your dad and Pepper got married. They wanted to keep it small so it was only family and friends. It was a beautiful venue, it was by and old castle, which had rooms in it where you could sleep that night.

"hey" Natasha says greeting you and Steve. "hey Nat" you said hugging her. "Pepper asked for you" Natasha says to you and you look over to Steve. "go, I'll be fine" he says kissing you before you walk to Peppers room. You open the door and see her sitting on the bed, staring at her dress. "well hello Mrs. Stark" you say jokingly. "thank god you're here, I'm freaking out" she says. "what are you freaking out about?" you ask her confused. "about all of this, isn't it weird to have a party so soon. What if it turns out Tony changed his mind when he was in space" she says. "okay calm down" you say holding her shoulders. "you've been engaged for how long now?" you say to her "trust me I think everyone is happy to finally celebrate something after everything that happened. And I'm sure my dad hasn't changed his mind. I've never seen him this happy before, you make him a better person and I'm so thankful for that Pep. You are amazing, so get dressed and go get your man".

A tear rolls down Peppers face "thanks y/n, that was all I needed to hear" she says. You grab a tissue and dab her tear away, so you don't ruin her make-up. You then help her in her dress. "you look so beautiful Pep" you say as she stares at herself in the mirror. "thank you y/n, for everything" she says hugging you. "no problem, enjoy your special day, I'm gonna see how my dad's doing" you say before you leave Peppers room and walk over to your dad.

"hi dad" you say as you walk over to him. "hey sweetheart, you look pretty" he says. "wait till you see your bride" you say. "don't say that, I'm nervous enough as is" he says. "okay dad, calm the fuck down. Everything is going to be fine, just enjoy your special day" you say to him. Your dad smiles as he looks at something in his hand. Then you see what he's holding, it was the necklace he gave your mom. You hug your dad tightly "she would have been so proud of you dad" you say. "yeah, she would, wouldn't she" he says staring at the necklace "she would be proud I let someone in like that, that I found someone who could keep up with me. guess she would be proud of us". "yeah she would" you reply.

He puts the necklace in the pocked of his suit. "ready?" you ask him. "ready" he says hooking his arm in yours. You walk to the front door of the castle. "I love you sweetheart" he says to you. "I love you dad" you say before the doors open and you walk your dad to the altar. You see all your friends sitting there, and you couldn't help but miss the people that weren't here anymore; Peter, May...Bucky. As you drop your dad at the altar, you walk to the mic and start singing as the doors open and Pepper walk out. She had asked Happy to walk with her. Both Pepper and your dad were crying. They have waited for so long to do this, it was so nice seeing them this happy together.