Chapter 9 - The first steps

Landing on Esteria was the first step for Sora, she prepared herself for many things during her non-stop training and she was more than confident that she could go through with her decision.

Within the first week since her arrival, she already managed to gain some attention for taking on difficult tasks for newcomers. Rather than hunt down some forest rats, she's already hunting down packs of wolves, some bears and even undead that lurks in the nearby ruins. She was a star rookie to the more experienced adventurers and an idol for those who were novices.

This popularity came with perks of course, one such was the fact she was given special commissions by the guild receptionists. Being an adventurer was one of the highest paying jobs in Esteria and with their lodgings being in an inn, Sora became the breadwinner between her and Rio.

Of course, the boy also worked but earned nowhere near as Sora. He would become an adventurer as well, but unfortunately, since his staff was still being made, he had no choice but to work within the city.

Early in the morning the two would already be awake and preparing for the day. This was because they quickly learned that adventurers would wake up early to grab the best jobs.

It was almost no different than their lives back on Earth really.

"You sure managed to adapt to the adventurer life," Rio commented from their bedroom since Sora was in the bathroom changing.

"You think so? I think I've still got a lot to learn though," the girl replied.

"I meant how you manage to wake up at the break of dawn, but sure whatever you're thinking as well."

"I used to wake up early anyway, this isn't any different from that." Stepping out of the bathroom with a new outfit, Sora finished the last part of her ensemble by tying her hair into a ponytail. "I'm more surprised you're managing to wake up early."

"I have an alarm clock called Tokino Sora," the boy joked.

Eyeing the girl's clothes, which were gifted to her by the farm lady, Rio scanned her entire attire. Which was reminiscent of her outfit in Hololive.

A blue vest with a shirt underneath; a matching blue skirt with two tailcoats and some stockings. Unlike her actual Hololive outfit though, her new clothes didn't expose her midriff, obviously for protection purposes and additionally; she was given a pair of gloves with some of its fingers missing and instead of blue shoes, she wore some brown boots.

Looking at her, Rio couldn't help but smile at seeing her look like her vtuber model.

"That look never ceases to amaze me," the boy fawned.

Sora giggled at how interested Rio was in her clothes, though she would've preferred if he paid more attention to her. Letting him gaze at her, the girl continued her preparations but a thought crossed her mind, causing her to turn back to Rio.

"Are you still not gonna change?" she asked.

Glancing over at the wrapped package place on a desk, Rio sighed before telling Sora he wouldn't be changing. For him, who was stuck inside the city most of the time, changing into new, great-looking clothes would be a waste, so he decided to hold off on it.

Rio didn't particularly like being stuck in the city, but he couldn't just wander out of it without some risk of encountering something dangerous, and unfortunately, he had no means of fighting. He had magic, but it wasn't like he could just cast them on the ground and hope his pillars would hit something other than him. Weapons weren't just scattered around either, so the element enchantments he did back in the temple were a no go either.