shiddat

"Tum dono ek doosre se akele baat karlo, iss baar koi galti nahi chahiye mujhe!" Suman announced as she practically pushed both Shiva and Disha out on the terrace to talk. It was Navratri, an auspicious day for her husband to find a new wife. 'Over my dead body!' She thought determinedly.

Shiva moved away in a typical 'gentlemanly' fashion and let Disha lead the way. Gentleman. That goddamn word was the bane of her existence. She didn't have much time to dwell in her misery, because she had to spy. Yes, she was stalking her own husband. No, she did not regret it for a second.

They had moved to the terrace, where she couldn't really spy on them without making it obvious. So, instead she chose to stand near the door and eavesdrop. All she could hear was muffled laughter and voices and the girl's annoying giggle at everything he said. What had gotten into her introvert husband?

After a while, his phone rang and he stepped away from her, raising his two fingers as a sign to wait. Once he was done, he informed her about the contents of the call and walked away as she gave him an understanding smile.

Stopping at the threshold of the terrace, he turned towards Disha and said, "Disha, red accha lagta hai tujhpe, pehna kar.." Glad that he liked the colour anger was making her turn into and also the shade she'd strangle his face into if he didn't step away this instant.

He then sprinted to the room and changed in record time. To his normal clothes. To him. He was about to leave when Kanta Kaki stopped him and asked where he was off to. He kindly informed her that he was going to the store to receive deliveries. And she followed him, like she always had.

He entered the store merrily, checking his phone with one hand and opening the shutters with another. He was whistling happily because of the conversation he just had with his prospective bride. He had explained to her his entire scenario and luckily for him, she had understood. Good riddance.

In exchange for the refusal she had requested him to compliment her dress. Strange request, but he had complied anyway. Because he'd belong to his Chipkali till his dying breath, whether she'd have him or not. Happy that he had postponed the inevitable again for a few days, he hummed his favourite song, while pouring himself a glass of chilled water.

Tujhko Bana Doon Main Apna Khuda

"Badi khushiyaan mana raha.." Raavi taunted as she entered the store and swiftly slammed it shut.

"Tu yahan?" Shiva questioned with a confused expression, clearly unaware of what was going on in her mind or the fact that she had seen the interaction between him & Disha.

"Haan main. Yahan." She asserted.

"Kya chahiye tujhe?" He asked, getting straight to the point.

"Kaisi lag rahi hoon main?" She questioned.

He performed a rushed inspection and nonchalantly answered, "Jaisi lagti hai waisi hi lag rahi hai." Meaning: She looked drop-dead gorgeous in that pink ghaaghara choli.

"Really? Jaisi lagti hoon waisi hi lag rahi hoon.. That's it? Aur kuch bhi nahi kehna tujhe?" She asked as her temper started rising.

"Aur kya sunna hai tujhe?" He asked annoyedly.

"Kyun Shiva, tere se 'red accha lagta hai tujhpe, pehna kar..' kar sunne ke liye kya karna padta hai?" She asked sarcastically.

"Kya matlab hai tera?" He answered her question with a question again.