You Have No Power Over Me (Loki/Labyrinth Crossover)

A Crossover Short Story For Wattys 2016. Featuring Loki, the God Of Mischief, and Jareth, Goblin King of The Labyrinth.

♤♢♤♢♤♢♤♢

Loki, God of mischief had been banished from his home once more. This time when his father had found out that Loki had been masquerading around as him. But as Loki had just helped his brother save earth, the king decided banishment would be kinder then re-imprisonment.

The humming noise of the teleportation sizzled to a stop. Odin had been rather angry when he banished his mischievous adopted son that he really could have landed anywhere, on any of the nine realms.
Loki shut his eyes as he materialized. Not the fire realm, please not the fire realm... He prayed to himself before opening them. What he saw in front of him was a humongous wall made of intricately carved mortar. Looking around he was pleasantly surprised to see it was a giant maze.

Jareth the Goblin King sat lazily on his throne, one leg slumped over the arm rest, in one hand was the decree he had to read over, and in the other he tossed a crystal up and down. Deciding to take a small break from his work he conjured up his favorite image into the small orb in his hand. Sarah of course, the human girl who'd bested him. She was in the middle of a show at the moment. The human play called "Wicked". Sarah still breathtakingly beautiful, even when covered In green grease paint.

It had been 3 years since, "The Incident" As his goblins politely referred to it. She was now a successful young woman, with a well paying career. Occasionally he liked to peek in on her, even when she did mundane things like washing dishes, or baby sitting young Toby.
Suddenly the image in the crystal faded away and was replaced by another. A dark haired man dressed in green and gold, wearing a golden helmet with horns atop his head. Jareth was suddenly filled with rage. His labyrinth had an intruder.

Loki tried fruitlessly to teleport out of the maze, but it seemed as if this entire realm was just one giant labyrinth. No matter what direction he tried he always remained inside the maze.

"Who dares enter my labyrinth uninvited?!?" A deep ominous voice seems to call from everywhere at once, surrounding The God Of Mischief. "I go where I please." Loki calls back, summoning his helmet and staff. Loki is suddenly thankful his father didn't strip him of all of his powers like he once did to Thor. "God's require no such invitation." The objects materialize onto him as he takes a defensive stance."Show yourself foe!"

Jarath materializes just a few yards away, leaning casually against the wall of the labyrinth, throwing a crystal up and down, catching it it his hands. Dressed in his high collared, deep brown, armored long coat, tight grey trousers, with black leather gloves and high black riding boots. The picture of a powerful, arrogant royal. For these two beings, It was almost like looking in a mirror.

"What realm is this?" Loki asks through narrowed eyes, not lowering his staff. "I asked you first... Who are you?!?" Jareth questions, continuing to throw and catch the crystal. Normally he need not even ask, just simply gaze into a crystal and conjure up an identity. But this man drew a blank. He wasn't Goblin, definitely not human.

"Insolence!" Curses Loki, firing a warning shot of green energy right beside the Kings head. The goblin king retaliated by throwing the crystal at the intruder. It shatters on impact causing ice to swirl rapidly, freezing Loki up to his neck in a solid block of ice. Loki looks down and laughs.
"You think ice can stop me?" his skin turns blue as he spoke, taking on his half Frost Giant form. "I was born of it!" The God states menacingly, and passes straight through the solid ice. "What's the matter blondie, all that hair product affecting your brain?" Loki taunts, skin returning to normal.