Guy on the roof top

.

.

.

"If I think about the time I first fell in love with you, I would not be able to guess. Was it the first time I laid eyes on you or the second? I will never know."

.

.

.

Love at first sight...every artist depicted it in their own way. But it still felt magical. The characters locking eyes with each other for the first time, their hearts beating slightly faster as they realize how beautiful the other person is, it all seemed beautiful, didn't it? 

Many would argue, saying it was cliche, but you liked it. The idea of it seemed very 'dreamlike' and you hoped to experience something like that yourself, in the near future. So imagine your surprise when you felt the same emotions when you locked eyes with the guy on the roof top. 

Both of you kept looking at each other. While he seemed to be assessing you, his eyes slightly narrowed and a serious look on his face, your mouth and eyes were slightly agape and blood slowly rushed to your cheeks the longer you both kept eye contact. This held on for a few more seconds till a voice interrupted your and that stranger's staring competition. 

It was your friend, Akiko.

"___, what are you doing?" She inquired with a smile as she threw a small bottle of milk your way, you barely managed to catch it. A small huh left your lips as you looked at her and then at the roof top, but to your dismay...that guy was no longer there. Almost instantly, a disappointed look overcame your features, and Akiko surely didn't miss it. 

Sitting next to you, she said "man, why are you making that face?" A puzzled look was on the girl's face, "did something happen?" You shook your head, "Nope." It seemed like Akiko wasn't buying it because she raised an eyebrow.

"Are you...sure? Because it seemed like something did happen." She was going to ask you more questions regarding your sudden mood, but then pursed her lips, "well, I won't ask you more questions...but," You looked at her and noticed that Aki was now staring at you with narrowed eyes as she took a sip of her strawberry milk.

"If something's bothering you then you better tell me. It's annoys me when you walk around with that sad face of yours." Your friend was trying to be as serious as she could, but without even realizing, a small giggle escaped your mouth. An offended expression came on her face, "hey! Just what is so funny about what I just said?" A small shake of your head and, "nothing, you just didn't look very...threatening." 

And right after saying that, you gave her a few pats on the head...as if she was a little toddler. Now that had her annoyed. "Right, you are gonna get it this time, ___." You let out a laugh as you ran away from Akiko, "okay, okay! I am sorry, haha!" But she wasn't listening and that's what you guys did for the next few minutes till recess was over.

Little did you know, a certain someone was looking at you as he made his way outside of the school gates. His eyes seemed drawn towards the smile that was on your lips and the mischievous glint in your eyes as you continued teasing your friend. 

The reason? He didn't know. But all he did know was that you seemed...interesting. Different from the others and somewhere in his mind...he hoped to see you again.

While you were busy taking your lessons at school, Baji was attending a Toman meeting. A frustrated sigh left his mouth and an annoyed expression was on his face. The meeting wasn't coming to an end and he was bored out of his mind. Chifuyu nudged at his side, "Baji-san, pay some attention to what they are saying." He just looked at his friend, the earlier annoyed expression didn't leave his face for a second as he said, "I am bored. What do you want from me, Chifuyu?" 

Baji leaned back and closed his eyes, drowning out all the sounds of the captain and the members speaking, and instead trying to focus on something...

Wait.

Why did your face appear in his mind?

His brows creased.

Why was he thinking about you? 

His mind was playing pictures of you smiling and the sound of your laughter. It was...weird. Why was this happening? You were just another girl at his school and it made no sense why his mind decided to show him your face.

But he had to admit...you were pretty.

Suddenly someone called out his name, and that made him open an eye. "What?" Baji questioned, eyeing a smiling Mikey who had a weird look on his face - wait, all of his friends were looking at him like that.

"What the hell are you looking at? And why are you making that face?" 

Mitsuya was the first to speak, "I never expected you to like someone, Baji." This made the delinquent confused, "what?" Chifuyu let out a small laugh, "Oh yeah, he has been thinking about her for some time now." 

"What are you talking about?"

Now it was Mikey's turn to speak, "I hope you really aren't this stupid, Baji. We are talking about the girl who you have a crush on. Or as Chifuyu said, 'the cute girl in the school garden'. Man, I can't believe even you can like someone..."

Baji rolled his eyes at them, "yeah, you dumbasses can say anything you want. It's nothing like that. Like hell I would ever fall for someone, that sounds gross." And after saying that, he left the place, leaving his snickering friends behind. 

They really needed to mind their own business, thought Baji.

I love you, I never thought I would get this happy over someone saying these words to me...huh, I am turning into a weirdo because of you...not that I mind it.

A little secret information:

1. Baji secretly liked ___'s smile. 

2. His ears perked up when Chifuyu told him that he knew your name and the class you were in.

3. You reminded him of a puppy by how energetic and happy you looked.