The Lioness Who Roared || Review by Izzy

Review By Izzy (lovelypeople5)

Title: The Lioness Who Roared

Authorconquestofthesomnium

(No. chapters reviewed: 17)

Cover and Title (5/5):

The cover and title of your book were fantastic! The cover is very beautiful and I love how it connects with the book. I also LOVE your title! It's very creative and connects well with the book.

Blurb (4/5):

The blurb is amazing! It connected to the story while drawing readers in. However, I suggest using a quote from the story to hook and intrigue your readers even more. Also, in your blurb, I noticed a grammar error. Please change, "...she was oblivious of its dangers" to "...she was oblivious to its dangers." One more thing to take note of is your usage of Francesca's name. I believe that you used the word she way too much. Make sure you remind the readers who you're talking about by saying the character's name after 1-3 uses of she. Furthermore, the sentence, "She knew she had to take action because Francesca believed that a lioness never gives up her den", is a bit awkward. Maybe you should change it to be 'Francesca knew she had to take action because she believed that a lioness never gave up her den.' 

Plot and originality (5/5):

The plot and originality are well-done. The plot wasn't too fast nor too slow. The originality is great too! While the concept of your story is often used, you added your own twists to it.  

Structure and writing style (5/5):

The structure and writing style are fantastic! The story was easy to follow and the vocabulary used was great! You also used lots of description and literary devices. Great job! 

Spelling, punctuation and grammar (4/5):

The spelling, punctuation, and grammar were wonderful! However, I kept finding lots of small mistakes in your spelling, punctuation, and grammar. It was nothing too major, but I still recommend that you reread and edit your book. A helpful way of catching these small mistakes is by reading the story out loud. If something doesn't sound quite right, then it is probably wrong and you should change it. Another helpful option is using a website/app to help you fix these mistakes. Some good websites/apps that do this are Grammarly, Hemingway Editor, and ProWritingAid. However, if you rather not do the editing yourself, then I recommend using an editing shop.  

Characters (5/5):

Your characters were well-done! Each character had a distinct personality and I love how you wrote Francesca. Her development was well-written. The interaction between the characters was also great. I love the interaction between Francesca and Fredrico. Great job! 

Additional information: Overall, this book was well-written and I enjoyed reading and reviewing it. All you have to do is fix those small errors I mentioned and think about editing your book, but other than that you should be good. I can't wait to read your future work! Keep on writing!

Final score:

🎉 28/30 (93%)

(From the Autumn Leaves Community: Please check that you've done all the reviewer's requested payments. We hope you enjoy your review! If you have any questions, PM us or your reviewer. Thanks 💖)