3 delinquent

Monday

School was too boring- too easy for you. Although that was the case for you, you couldn't say the same for some others.

Right now, you were in English. The teacher was a middle aged lady, probably divorced. She was soft spoken, which was why none of the class listened to her. You felt bad, but also couldn't really be bothered because it didn't concern you.

But maybe if the students paid attention, they wouldn't be failing. Which is exactly what's been happening to this guy, Auren.

For the entire school year, you had sat next to him during English and Maths. You just never noticed him there.

Until your English Teacher approached him.

"Auren, you haven't handed your assignment in yet? It was due today." she smiled.

He ignored her, drawing on his book. You couldn't help but take a peek at what he was drawing, and to your surprise, it was a character from a book you really liked.

After that, you just zoned out and stopped eavesdropping until class finished.

"Y/N? Could you stay back a little after class?" your teacher asked as everyone else rushed outside.

You nodded, and walked up to her desk.

"I'm sure you know, but a lot of the students in our class are struggling. If it's alright with you, would you ever consider tutoring some students? I've seen their grades, and English isn't the only subject." she sighed.

"Sure, do you have anyone in mind for me to tutor?" you asked. Truthfully, you didn't want anyone. You knew who the dumb kids were, and you didn't like any of them.

There were the 'popular' girls who did nothing but gossip, the 'popular' boys who only caused ruckus, the junkies who were probably vaping at the back, and everyone else on their phones.

Out of all of them, you would prefer the girls. It wasn't like they were the bullying type, just the annoying type. You could probably tolerate them, bonus points if they filled you in on drama.

"I was thinking Auren. The boy who you sit next to? I know he has a bad rep, but I think you could give it a shot? The others who I asked to tutor him were too scared." your teacher chuckled.

Him?

You had mixed feelings. You knew nothing about him, but did know that he was notorious around the school for being like, a delinquent.

He was cold and uncaring. Apparently if you look at him the wrong way he'd beat you up. He doesn't keep friends around, only lackeys that follow him around. But he hates even them! You once heard that some guy kept following and talking for him. Guess Auren couldn't stand it. You wouldn't be able to, either.

He also didn't have a phone. From all the days you sat beside him, he never pulled one out. He was always sleeping, or scribbling on his book.

Maybe- just maybe- it wouldn't be too bad. As long as he doesn't start throwing insults at you, it'd be fine.

"Sure, I'm alright with that. When do you want me to start?" you nodded.

"Oh, well I was thinking, maybe you could contact him today and start tomorrow?" your teacher scratched her neck.

Seriously? That's early. But, it probably just means he's really struggling. It's whatever, it's not like he'd kill you.

You wanted to go see Harvest and Cecil, so you wrapped things up as quickly as possible.

.

"You're gonna be tutoring THAT guy? The one who could kill you if you offend him? Y/N, no girl. You could die!" Harvest cried.

"I agree! Auren's like, the most dangerous person at school. I mean yeah- he won't bully you into suicide, but he can totally hurt you so bad that you'll be wishing you were dead!" Cecil burst out. Seems like your friends were both extremely against the idea.

You shrugged. "I'm sure he's not as bad as you all think. He wouldn't hurt me over nothing! I think you guys are too swayed by rumours."

"Okay, but if you get any weird vibes, RUN. Alright?" Harvest pat your shoulder. "I'll remember you."

"You're acting as if you're sending me into a battlefield! Relax!" you chuckled. They were so overdramatic.

.

.

.