(1) The divorced couple

Read author's note at the end of the chapter(if you can make it:>)⛔

---------------

Seungmin's P.O.V:

'We are not back together. Not even slightly'
I felt my heart clench at those words.
'Lee know hyung is the one who started it all'

I playfully said to distract myself from the pain I felt.

'Then Seungmin, would you like it if you two were back together?' Jeongin asked.

'I just got rejected so'

I said not making eye contact with Minho hyung.

'Why are you making me the wrong guy?' Minho hyung said jokingly.

Even though it was just a joke for him, for the viewers and for the rest of the team, I remember feeling hurt. I was trying hard to take off the bickering duo 'divorced couple' tag from the two of us but it seems like everyone including Lee Minho was enjoying it.

Here, two people are included, I alone cannot decide what we are if the other person is happy with the current situation. The thing which I was afraid of though was that, someday, this silly role play will be enough to hurt me. I was afraid because I knew I won't be able to control my emotions. Because I knew from the start, that falling for Lee Minho will only cause me pain. But despite knowing all the consequences, I couldn't help my feelings for him...which just kept growing deeper and deeper, to the point that his every action and every word makes me react. To the point that what I know is supposed to be a joke from his part, are becoming the reasons that keeps me up at night...to the point that his absence is causing me physical pain.

I was well aware of what can happen if I let my feelings for a band mate bloom. But I was deluded enough to think that this messed up circumstance won't hurt me. Even if I knew that falling for a band member at the rise of fame, is the last thing one should do. But, as I said, I was stupid.. Stupid enough to think that maybe...just maybe if Minho hyung also liked me back-

No. Snap out of it. I thought to myself.

This is not a kdrama or a romance novel and I am not the main character.

This is real life and in reality, boys don't usually fall for boys and band mates are not supposed to have a romantic relationship. And, if all of these aren't enough, your crush liking you back at the same time is a one in a thousand miracle itself. So, to put it simply, there is just no way this fantasy of mine can be real. To be together and be loved by the person you long for... yeah, right, only in my imagination. It is an impossible wish to begin with..

Especially if it's Minho hyung.

I mentally sighed at my train of thoughts.

I really need to stop this unrequited feelings before it gets out of hand.

I cannot let my stupid emotions cause any sort of trouble for the band or the members. I've worked really hard to be where I am and I've seen my members work just as hard for their dreams. I've seen them suffer but still moving forward to achieve their goal. There is no way I can ruin all these just because I couldn't control my emotions. I have to stop these feelings before the roots grow any deeper...then i have to slowly kill them by refraining them from the warmth that helped them grow into the monster that they have become...at last, I'll have to pluck out the dried and withered love I have been harvesting for so long. It'll hurt, it'll leave a huge hole,it'll feel empty and colorless but it'll be the right thing to do. For me... for stray kids..for stays.