Pt. 9 Reunited

Part nine

Hayden walked through the doors of their newly renovated high rise apartment to find Nora sitting on the sofa with her laptop on her lap and her brows furrowed. Her hair was pushed up into a messy bun at the top of her head as she sat surrounded by a pile of papers and half eaten snacks.

"You're not ready yet?" He asked, checking Nora's silver watch.

Nora looked up and arched her brow, "Are we supposed to be somewhere?"

"Yes," Hayden said. "It's Saturday. We have a reunion at Donates."

Nora's nose wrinkled as she picked up a sliced pickle, "I already told you I don't want to go there."

"But I want to go."

"Why?" Nora clicked her tongue with annoyance. "To see your exes?"

"Yes," Hayden rolled his eyes. "Because I'm still so not over them."

Nora blinked as she felt Hayden's words sink into her skin. Her mind started to wander as her chest tightened.

"I'm kidding," Hayden said quickly, noticing the look on Nora's face. "Babe."

"That was a horrible joke," Nora said quietly...too quietly.

"I'm sorry," Hayden stepped forward and removed the laptop. "Come here."

"I have a lot of work to finish," Nora complained as Hayden pulled her to her feet.

"I know, I know," the half jinn said, pulling his wife to his chest. "But I think it will be fun to go back and see all our friends."

"For you, maybe," Nora muttered. "I didn't have any friends."

"You had Pia."

"She's annoying," Nora rolled her eyes. "She got into NYU and her daddy paid for it all so she thinks she's too good to be my friend."

"Her loss," Hayden said, tucking Nora's hair behind her ear. "Let's go and have a good time tonight."

"I really don't want to," Nora pouted.

"I'll take you out on a date after," Hayden teased.

"But we already had a date night."

"Are you telling me I can't spoil my darling with two date nights in one week?" Hayden chuckled as he felt Nora move her feet on top of his shoes. He carried most of her weight, letting her toes brush over his shoes. "Come on. Mom and baba are watching Noor tonight. We should go have some fun."

"I don't even have anything to wear," Nora whined. "And my hair is dirty. I didn't wash it y-"

With his arms wrapped around Nora, Hayden snapped his fingers. Her cute shorts and baggy shirt disappeared as a red dress wrapped around her curves and her hair fell down her back in smooth waves.