Part 2: Verse 2 + Chorus

A/N: hey guys, sorry for the update being a little late. I was supposed to post a couple days ago, but I got caught up in school stuff (specifically an English essay). anyways, I hope you enjoy 😁

Keith's POV
You stripped away the walls I built
Like no one ever has

I gasped awake, my mind still reeling from the dream I had. Actually, it was more of a nightmare than a dream. My mind showed me everything that happened before Allura walked away with Honerva. All the goodbyes, the tears, the sorrow. Before, I thought we would be feeling victorious once we defeated Honerva. But back then I didn't know we were going to lose so much.

Lance got hit harder than any of us by Allura's death. Being Allura's lover, he needed a lot of time to himself to grieve. He's sort of back to normal now, but he's lost everything that made him Lance. Everything that used to annoy me to death, but became endearing over the time we spent together.
Everything I loved about him.

I still love Lance, and I wish I could help him. But I don't know if he even wants me there. Even if he does, I don't know how I could just leave all these planets in need.

I wish I could be there for him like he was there for me when I was hurting. When we couldn't find Shiro, Lance was the one who comforted me and helped me accept the Black Lion as mine. He helped me lower all my walls and stop pushing away the other paladins, my family. I'll always love him for that, but does he want my love?
...
The hardest part is we'll never know
If we were meant to last
What we had was beautiful
I didn't wanna wreck it all
Every day I think about the truth

As I got ready to take off to a different planet, all I could think about was Earth. I missed everyone. Sure, Acxa was good company, but we both missed Earth. Acxa missed her girlfriend Veronica especially.

I boarded the ship, wishing I had Lance by my side to help comfort me. I just needed a hug.

Maybe if I told him, we would have been something more.

I'll never know.

Lance is going through a hard time. No need to bombard him with all of my feelings.
...
I wish I was...
I wish I was...
Brave enough to love you

"Keith, are you okay?" Acxa asked. "You don't seem to be feeling that well."

"Yeah, I'm okay," I replied. "I just miss Earth. How much longer are we out here again?"

"Only a couple more days. Isn't that great?"

I blinked. "Yeah. Wonderful, actually."

As we talked, I made sure to steer clear of the debris floating around. There was a lot of it, after all the fights with the Galra. We were almost to the planet, Crolovis. The Crolovians were in the middle of a food shortage, and desperately needed resources. So off we went.

There were two other ships trailing us, carrying extra resources and making sure there weren't any Galra who were still followers of the old Galra throne around. We needed to make sure we got these resources safely to Crolovis.

As I steered, my thoughts drifted. They kept going back to Earth, and then to Lance. What if I had confessed my feelings? What if he did feel the same way? What if he still does?

All these what if's racing through my head, and yet I'm still too much of a coward to do anything about them. I may have fought the Galra, fought Lotor, fought Honerva, but I can't even fight my own fears. What does that make me? A courageous coward? A heroic weakling?

I sighed and tried to push away the thoughts to deal with later. It was a failing battle. All I could think about was Lance's face on that night. Lance was injured from protecting Coran, and I went over to see if he was okay.

"We did it. We are a good team."

That was one of my first glimpses of the real Lance, the Lance that wasn't cocky and annoying and my rival, and it meant so much to me. Then, he forgot all about it.

Was it really that worthless?

Do I really mean so little to him?

Suddenly, a bright flash caught my eye. I was so focused on it that I couldn't see where I was going.

"Keith, look out!" Acxa cried.

But it was too late. We were hurtling toward a massive planet, full speed.

I managed to keep us from head-on crashing at the last minute. It was still a rough landing, though. I felt myself being thrown out of the ship, and landing with a painful crash.

"Get up," a smooth voice said. "Or else."

I blinked my eyes a few times and saw a gun being pointed at my head. I got up, then tried to reach for my gun. It wasn't there. It was far away, at least, too far for me to reach.

I took a look at the people's uniforms. They had the Galra insignia on them. Crap, I thought.

"Who are you? What planet is this? Why are you doing this?" I questioned.

"Shut up," the other soldier said.

"No, no. Let's answer his questions," said the one with the velvet voice. "Our names don't matter. Let's just say we are loyal to the true Galra way. This planet is the so-called Crolovis. As for why we're doing this..."

He raised the gun, preparing to fire it. I tried to get away, but then I heard a bang. Instantly, I felt a sharp, agonizing pain in my chest. I collapsed.
"What did you do to him?!"

Acxa came in and shot them both in their stomachs. She rushed over to me. "Keith, where did you get shot?" she asked.

My breathing was harsh and shallow. I couldn't get the words out.

"In...the chest," I croaked. I was fading fast. I was tired, so tired.

"Let me get the first aid kit," Acxa said determinedly.

"Acxa...wait. I-I need someone to hear this just in case I...die. Tell L-Lance I always loved him, ever since our bonding m-moment. I still do. And Acxa...you're l-like a sister to me. Thank you. For saving my life so many t-times."

"Shut up, Keith! You are not dying today!" she screamed.

"I hope not." I whispered. Then the pain overtook me and I drifted into unconsciousness.