9. Rage - Flash

Pre lightning as per usual

**********

Barry sulked in the corner of the bullpen as Ranford got credit for yet another case he had solved.

Barry was so sick of it.

He would do all the work. All of it! Not only did he do all the physical tests and stuff, but he also put the clues together to actually solve the cases. But Mark Ranford always got allllll the credit. It wasn't fair.

Even Joe didn't totally believe him when Barry said he did all the work.

It was like high school all over again. Barry would do all the work in a group project and everyone else would get the credit. Except this was worse because these were grown ass men and woman and they were acting like irrisponsible children.

Ranford got up and started on some speech.

"First off," he said, "I'd just like to thank all the officers who've backed me up on this case. It wasn't easy and I had to work day and night, but it was worth it."

Barry scoffed. Work day and night. Barry had been the one here late into the night, desperately throwing the pieces together.

Ranford continued and Barry just couldn't handle it any longer. He stormed up to his lab, quietly, but radiating with anger. 

A few minutes later, the Captain, Ranford, and Joe walked in.

"Look Allen, I know you're new around here, but it is considered rude to walk out on someone like that." The Captain said.

Barry clenched his fist, "You know what else is rude?" He turned towards the three men, who inadvertantly took a step back. "Letting someone do all the hard work and then taking the credit for it." He looked pointedly at Ranford.

Singh's brow furrowed, "Allen, look-"

"No!" Barry stood abruptly. "I have had it up to here with you all! I am so sick and tired of not getting the credit I deserve when he does nothing! Nothing! Not a single test, not a sigle idea, not a thing. He just slaps on some signatures on the papers I wrote and gets all the credit because none of you will listen to me or just open your god damn eyes! Some detectives."

Barry was panting slightly at the end of his rant. Joe looked guilty, Singh looked angry and slightly confused, and Ranford looked ready to bolt.

Singh turned to Ranford, "What," his voice was clipped, "is he talking about?"

Ranford spluttered for an answer, "I- he- it-"

Oh was Singh angry now. 

"You mean to tell me," Singh said very slowly, "that you took the credit for work you did not do?"

Ranford stood stock still.

"Answer me now Ranford." Singh growled.

"Yes sir," he whispered.

If looks could kill, Ranford would be so very dead.

"You're fired." Singh said. "Now get out."

Barry didn't think anyone could move that fast.

Singh turned to Barry, apologetic. "I'm sorry, Allen. You were right, I should've seen that something was off. But on the same note, you should not have let this go on so long."

Barry shrugged, "At first it didn't bug me so much, as long as everyone was safe. But then... then I just... I just..."

"Got angry?" Joe offered.

Singh barked out a short laugh, "Joe that wasn't anger. That was fury, and quite frankly it was intimidating."

Barry turned a curious shade of red.

"But seriously," Singh said, "if something like this ever happens again, come to me immediately."

Barry smiled, "Yes sir."

Singh nodded, "Great. Now let's get you the credit you deserve."

**********

A/N- Sorry that I'm so behind. I really didn't know what to do with the past few prompts on top of being super busy. Getting caught up though.

Love y'all! :)