000

" this world is ever-changing as I have grown used to the feelings of parting and despair of those who were once by my side "

"I'm mad, Dain didn't talk more about this person he's traveling with at the moment after he talked about his previous partner," Paimon yells in frustration, kicking her leg in the air in a child-like tamper but Aether paid no attention to it. He was rather used to her little attitude when things didn't go her way so he thought nothing much of it.

"Anyways, if Dainsleif is in the area does that mean his partner is too?" Paimon says as she floats ahead, "Aren't you curious who that person is?" She leans in as Aether shakes his head, he could care less about Dainsleif's personal life.

"Hmph, you're no fun." Paimon turns around only to facepalm against a soft surface as she stumbles back and onto Aether who didn't see it coming.

"Wah!" Paimon cries as she looks up only for her eyes to meet the face of a mask that is similar to Xiao's. A bit frightened, she mutters a quiet apology.

"Sorry, Paimon wasn't paying attention to the road." She laughs it off but the person before her didn't react, making her go quiet.

Aether places a hand on his nose since Paimon smacked him kinda hard but he didn't realize someone was in front of him until Paimon started speaking.

He looks up to see a tall, masked figure with an overlarge coat that covers every single part of themselves.

They didn't say anything but just stood there before they walked past him and his eyes widened, the familiar feeling from before coming back to him.

Flashing images of a girl with (H/C) go through his mind and he gasps, his hands behind to shake as he begins to remember.

"Promise me....that if you wake up first, you'll wake me up too so we can both travel together!"

The voice of his beloved, his [Y/n].

He was so focused on finding Lumine...he had forgotten about [Y/n], the fact that she managed to slip from his mind so easily made him feel sick to the core.

Without thinking, he looks back only to see the figure has gotten further from there and he calls out to them but his voice goes unheard.

Verr notices Aether and Paimon walking towards her and she sends a smile their way, "It's you two, did you two come here to talk with Xiao?"

She asks but as Aether shakes his head 'yes', Paimon shakes her head 'no'.

"Well, you can up ahead and meet him, it seems he's in a good mood at the moment so there's no need to cook Almond Tofu."

"Paimon wanted to ask something, boss lady," Paimon says afterward, catching Aether's attention.

"It's Verr, not boss lady."

But as always, this goes unheard, "there was a strange hooded person outside when we arrived and Paimon wanted to ask if you know them or something?"

Verr lets out a small 'oh' as she realizes who Paimon is talking about. She smiles at this, "Oh yes, of course! The figure you saw earlier is why Xiao is in a good mood at the moment. You could say the two of them are good friends since they are mostly seen here at Wangshu Inn together." She explains as Paimon tries to take it all in.

"What's their name?" Paimon asks the curiosity got to her. "No wonder their mask are so similar."

Verr raises a brow at this, "Mask? She never wears a mask when she comes to visit Xiao...." She mutters to herself.

"Anyways, as for her name. I'm surprised you haven't heard of her. She goes by the name given to her, Jingwei."

" with the promise, her promise from 500 years ago "