Liars and Reunions

I woke up the next morning coffee filled the air and the smell of fresh blueberry waffles. Malachi was already getting ready for school I could hear the bathroom water running. He's such a big boy, we taught him how to get ready starting age 3 and he caught on quickly now acts like he needs no one's help, it's the cutest thing ever. I used the guest bathroom to get ready and as I finished getting dressed I can see my moms door still hadn't opened since last night so I was quite confused by the smell coming from the kitchen. As I walk downstairs and into the kitchen area I can hear my grandmother and older sister Natalie talking about my parents.

Brenda: "notices Cali" Goodmorning baby. How are you doing?

Cali: I'm great granny. Umm does my mother know you guys are here?

Natalie: No mom doesn't know. Dad called me last night and I called granny this morning to come over with me.

Natalie is my older sister the oldest of the bunch. She's a psychology major at UCLA I haven't seen her in 5 years. Last time we seen her she was a junior in high school. The night I caught my mother and that evil stranger did what he did to me my sister had my mothers back. She didn't believe me just like my mom didn't. She blamed me for our parents getting to how they are now. She called me a hoe in front of the family during dinner during that time and I haven't forgave her since and it's not like she apologized. So our relationship has been shit since along with her relationship with our parents so she moved to LA with her boyfriends family and finished high school there.

Brenda: I'm worried about your mother baby "touches calis shoulders" we tried to check on her she wouldn't come out the room told us to leave her alone.

Then there's my grandmother Brenda. My dads mom. She absolutely adores all of us and she hates how hateful we all get towards one another. Before my parents got this big house we lived with her in East Palo Alto in the gardens. My grandmother would make sure we were fed, clothed and was in school. She didn't play about her grandkids at all. So I wasn't surprised to see her here after my dad left. She didn't agree with what my fathers choices. She's the most loving and caring woman ever she truly makes me want to be better.

Cali: Yeah she gets like that everytime he leaves. She'll come out in a week. "Shakes her head" I usually leave food by her door. I just don't understand why he called you guys.

Natalie: Said he felt you guys would need some help since he'll be gone for 3 weeks. I'm out of classes for the next few weeks so I told him I'd come by.

Cali: Shocking you even cared enough.

Natalie: Look I know the last time I was here it wasn't the best time but I'm better now and me and mom are building our relationship.

Cali: oh wow! What about your relationship with your siblings? You go off to college after a big blow up with the family and we don't see you for years and now you come back because dad called you and now you want to act like you care?

Natalie: I always cared Cali I just...

Brenda: Look stop the arguing. She's here Cali give her a chance "hugs Cali" please.

Cali: I have to get Malachi and I to school. Did he leave you his car too Nat?

Natalie: Nope! He did leave these "holds Nina's Benz keys in the air" I'm guessing for you to get around.

Cali: thanks "tries to reach for keys"

Natalie: Aht aht! Promise me you'll be here whenever I come to check on y'all.

Cali: I will. Now can I get the keys?

Brenda: Give her the keys Natalie so she can get to school. Me and Natalie will take Malachi to school okay? Go have a great day baby.