chapter 6: Lilith's wrath

(Y/N's p.o.v)
The few days I had left with Lucifer flew by quickly before my parents came home. When he was gone it was lonely, I was happy to finally spend time with my family, but if wasn't the same. In the month I had with them, we wemt to the park, ate out, and the even made it to some events I was having. It was nice to have parents for a while. But you know what they say, all good things must come to an end.

Work was now back on their minds.
" Okay, honey. We'll be back next week."
I stayed quiet buy gave them a two fingers solute. They looked at me.
" No bye or anything."
I shook my head. " Nope. Go on. You guys will be back."
They hesitated and even looked a little hurt. I felt guilt yeah, but they still would be around that much. They didn't honestly think that a month would make up for lost time that built up over years, did they?
" Honey we-!"
" Have to work, I'm We'll aware. Go before you miss your flight."

They grabbed their things and headed out the door. When the door shut and they left, I smiled at the familiar voice I heard.
" A little hard on them don't ya think? But then again what do I know."
I chuckled as I turned to Lucifer.
" Hello again, darling."
" Hey, how's charlie?"
" She is well and I did what you instructed, and told her about the marriage problems me and Lilith were having. I'm getting a divorce soon and Lilith....."
He paused. I turned to face him completely.
" Go on."
" Lilith has thrown such a fit that, almost the whole underworld is in shambles."

Sheesh.....

" Im sorry."
" Eh, it's not your fault, love. This problem has been here long before I even meant you. We just both chose to ignore it."
I nodded and made room for him on the couch.
" Anyways, how long are they going to stay gone for this time."
" Eh, about a week but they say one certain amount of time then it gets longer so it might be double that before they actually come home."
He nodded and wrapped an arm around me.
" I see, my dear. I told Charlie about you. She wasn't happy about the whole thing, not at first but.....she is willing to meet you when the divorce is finalized. Don't worry, ill be there to guard you if she gets mad."
" She has a right to be, Lucifer. Lilith is her mom and I won't fill the whole in her heart, but from what you told me, she sounds like a person who likes to hive the benefit of the doubt."
Lucifer chuckles as he plays with my hair.
" Yep, that sounds like charlie."
" What would you like to do, love?"
He purrs slightly in my ear.
" Relax is what I want to do. No screaming, fighting. No anything."
I nodded and put on a movie for us to watch. After a few minutes, I turn to him.
" You're looking at me like you have a question, my love."
" Do you still your have wings? They're black right?"
He looked at me with a slight smile.
" Yes, I do."
" Can i-!"
" No."
I groaned. " Whyyy?"
He let out a laugh. " You almost sound like charlie when she was little."
I rolled my eyes.
" Come on, please????"
" How about this, we relax today, and I'll show you a bit later on this week okay?"
" Alright."
He smiled and let out a content sigh.
" I haven't been this happy in a long time."
A storm rolled in and we listened to the sound of the rain. Lucifer got a text and looked.
" Its charlie. She says she wants to meet you."
" oh?? Okay, let's go."
Lucifer stood and teleported us there. It kinda felt like going through a vacuum.
When we were steady again, we were standing in front of a hotel.

We walk to the front door, smiling at each other as he knocked on the door. The door open and Lucifer quickly pushed me behind him as a tall, beautiful woman with blonde hair stood before us. She had a look of hatred in her eyes when she saw me. A girl with blonde hair stood behind her, with a guilty and horrified look.
" D-Dad I'm sorry i-!"
The woman, im now more than positive is Lilith, makes a sword appear in her hand and she stabs into Lucifer's shoulder.
" Is this her?!! Is this the human whore you chose over me!?"
As she pulled the sword out if his shoulder, I held him tight.
" Lucifer! Are you okay!?"
He groaned and held me behind him. Charlie grabbed ahold of her mom's arm.
" Mom! You said you wouldn't hurt him!"
She pushes charlie off and goes to stab Lucifer again.
" No!"
I moved around and stood in front of him, the sword going straight through me when she stabbed. The pain was blinding and heard shocked gasps all around me. The sword was pulled out and I fell to the ground.
" (Y/N)!!!!!"
Gentle arms pulled me into a gentle embrace. It took a minute to realize it was Lucifer. A look of horror and fear in his eyes as he cried.
" D-Darling. I need you to stay awake okay?"
" T....ired."
" I know, my love. I know, but try to stay awa...."
His voice trailed off as my eyes started to close.

(Lucifer's p.o.v.)
" (y/n).....(Y/N)!?!?"
I shook her gently. " Can you hear me!?!?"
Her blood covered me and the ground. Lilith scoffed. " Honestly, you chose that weak thing over me?"
" Lilith.....how dare you..."
As gently as I could, I laid her down and stood. She stepped back as my wings shot out of my back.
" How....DARE YOU!!!!!!"
I grabbed her by her throat and lifted her up in the air.
" IF SHE DIES, BECAUSE OF YOU SELFISHNESS, CRUELTY, AND EVNY, ILL MAKE YOU REGRET THE DAY YOU EVER MEANT ME!!!"

I threw her to side and looked at Charlie. She betrayed me.....

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BE HAPPY!?!

" you stay away from me." I growled as I glared at my daughter.
" Dad, I-!"
" Dont!"
I picked (Y/N) up and took her to the palace. I had every doctor, every medical expert I had at my disposal take her and work to make sure she lived. I sat outside of the room they had her in....and waited.