[conversation]

[more like argument]

[Dan: sad] "I dreamt of you last night, and I know I'm not alone yet. But, I'm feeling lonely now, so I can't feel lonely when it all comes back, and you're not there to endure it with me."

[Phil: quiet, not heard] "I'll always be here."

[D: distressed, growing louder, sad] "I still love you, despite everything. I've messed up, I'm sorry. [desperate] Please- I can't go back to being alone."

[P: still quiet, remaining unheard] "Dan..."

[D: growing loud, desperate, getting worked up] "Tell me you remember, you remember- right? You've not forgotten all those times..."

[P: remaining quiet, a bit louder than before] "Dan, listen to me."

[D: now yelling, desperate] "No, say you still remember. [whimpering, quieter] Please don't- don't forget me. [hopeful] Do you remember our first kiss? Do you miss Manchester as much as I do?"

[P: growing irritated] "Will you please just listen to me?"

[D: ignoring Phil, pushing on, desperate] "You said you dreamt of me the other night, that my hair, and my eyes invaded your mind."

[P: quiet, loving] "And the way you pace at night..."

[D: desperate, growing loud again] "Phil, please tell me you remember. I can't be alone again. You have no idea how depressingly lonely it was."

[P: impatient, irritated] "Can I talk now?"

[D: rushing out his words] "Remember when we were on the fountain and-"

[P: interrupting Dan, calm] "And we were looking at the stars. Yeah, I remember. My head lie on your shoulder, and you held my hand. My god, I could never forget how it felt to have you intertwine our fingers for the first time. Every single one of those nights, those very first nights, they're always on my mind, always. [pulling Dan into a tight hug, holding Dan's head again his chest, breathing evenly] Don't ever think I'd ever leave you alone, ever. [using his hands to pull Dan so their looking into each other's eyes, Dan's brown eyes are wide] I love you, you, and only you."