Prologue

Ding

Ding.

Two girls strided through the train station, they hurried along the platforms their heads turning constantly to find the one they were looking for.

Dong.

Another hand on the clock struck. 10:57

This only quickened the girls' pace as they navigated seamlessly through the crowded area. A second later they found where they needed to be, but they didn't slow their steps.

The taller girl speed-walked towards the brick wall standing firmly infront of her. Then something extraordinary happened. She dissapeared.

And so did her friend.

To the unassuming eye it was just a trick of the light. Another face lost in an ocean of people. But if you looked. If you really looked you would see it.

It was the wall.

It had swallowed them.

Miraculously, it had teleported them from the drab walls of Kings Cross Station to Platform Nine and Three Quarters. Where the sun shone illuminating the grandeur of the Hogwarts Express. It stood proudly infront of the pair, its crimson coating gleamed, welcoming the girls home for another year.

A whistle blew.

Now was no time for them to reflect on happy memories. They were still late. As they scrambled their belongings together they picked up their pace, pushing imbetween the swarms of sobbing parents.

A sigh escaped the older girls lips as the other girl's feet finally landed on the floor of the train. They had made it. Now all they had to do was find an empty carriage. How hard could that be?