Chapter 16

Today was Harry and Louis's date, and to say Harry was freaking out would be an understatement. Niall is over to help him get ready and to help keep an eye on Darcy, but that's the easy part because she was sitting beside Niall on the bed watching Harry throw clothes out of his closet. Neither was he doing anything for his breakdown, just sitting there watching him while eating popcorn.

"Niall James Horan!" Harry exclaimed and turned around. His hair went all directions by the number of times he'd pulled it.

"Alright, alright," Niall said with a chuckle and gave Darcy the bowl of popcorn. He scanned all of Harry's clothes that were on the floor. He looked at Harry, scanned him head to toe and then back at the clothes on the floor and started to pick stuff up. He then shoved the clothes in Harry's arm and pushed him to the bathroom. "We'll clean," Niall said, and Darcy made a noise of protest.

"I don't wanna clean, I wanna put it all on the bed and jump in it like a pile of leaves," Harry stopped in his tracks and stared at his daughter before shaking his head with a smile and walking away.

Fifteen minutes later, Harry walked back into the room, and sure enough, all his clothes were on his bed with Niall and Darcy in the middle of it laughing. Harry cleared his throat, and they both shot up and scanned Harry from head to toe.

"I think I should quit music and pursue fashion," Niall said, and Harry picked up one of his jackets and threw it at Niall. "You look good, actually better than good."

"Thanks, Ni," Harry walked to the full-length mirror and looked himself over again and fixed his hair.

"Daddy? Do you have to go?" Darcy asked shyly, and Harry turned around and saw her looking at her fingers and playing with them.

"I thought you were okay with this," Harry said, and Darcy sighed. Harry looked at Niall, who took this as his cue to leave, giving the father and daughter time by themselves. Harry got in the pile of clothes beside Darcy and swiped a piece of hair behind her ear. "Talk to me, princess."

"I only see you for a week, and then you're gone for three, and he is taking one of those nights away from me. Does daddy love Louis more than me?" Darcy looked up with tears in her eyes, and Harry was quick to scoop her up and hug her tightly.

"You will always be first in my heart Darcy, always. I love you so much, and Lou is not taking me away from you. After tonight I will be all yours, and we can hang out as much as you want before we leave. Don't ever think I love you any less just because someone else is coming into my life. I will drop everything for you, okay?" Harry said and kissed the top of Darcy's head.

"Do you love him?" Darcy asked, and Harry nodded. "Do you love me?" Harry nodded once again. "Who do you love more?"

"I love you both equally in different ways," Harry said, and Darcy pouted.

"He's not my papa," she muttered, and Harry frowned at her.

"I thought you started to like him," Harry said confusingly.

"I do, but he makes the smallest wrong move, and he is out. No one hurts my daddy, especially someone who already hurt you. I don't like seeing you cry over a hedgehog," Darcy said indeed angrily, and Harry couldn't help but chuckle.

"That's very sweet of you, Darcy but can you please at least try?" Harry asked, and Darcy sighed but nodded. "Good, now let's get you ready so Uncle Ni can drop you off at Uncle Li's. Do you want to bring a book? Some toys?" Darcy beamed and nodded. "Go pack your bag," Darcy climbed off of Harry and pulled her with her, which surprised Harry but went either way.

They were in Darcy's room packing a bag with her toys, a book, a colouring book and crayons. They were so busy figuring out what to bring that they neither heard the doorbell go off or the sound of the door opening and closing or talking and walking.