SleepySOS•Can't Sleep//LRH

This is written with the intention of helping set your mind at ease, to calm you, and relax if you are having troubles sleeping.

Let's find a happy place.

Close your eyes.
Two deep breaths, in the nose and out the mouth.
I'm serious.
Do it.

Okay.
Here we go.

"Luke," you whisper, gently grabbing his bare arm. His skin is warm under your palm, his body heat always keeping it warm and cozy under the blankets. "Luke," you whisper a bit louder after he continues to snore lightly, but this time he stirs.

"Yeah?" he whispers sleepily turning to you, his hand landing on yours on his arm. "Can't sleep again?" he asks. He knows you so well.

"No," you frown in the darkness.

"I'm sorry, Sweetie," he says quietly, pulling you into his chest.

You breath in deeply, his warm comforting scent filling your brain; reminding you of security and safety. His large hand begins to rub you back; from your lower back, up your spine, and to your neck, where he slips his thumb and pointer finger around the base of your neck at your shoulders. A mini massage. And then back again.

Down your spine.
To your lumbar.
Up your spine.
To your neck.
Gentle pinch.
And down your spine.
To your lumbar.
Up your spine.
To your neck.
And down again.

You feel your body begin to relax.
Each slow pass of his hand releasing tension from your toes to the top of your head.

You wrap your arm around his chest, cuddling up to his collarbone so your head rests perfectly on his shoulder and his hand continues to glide up and down your back. Your body responds to his loving touch; deep tranquility.

But he knows, your mind hasn't quite succumbed. So he hums; gently, beautifully. The sound is muffled through his chest but also clear from your ear near his vibrating vocal chords. He hums a slow version of your favorite song.

In the darkness, pitch black, all you feel is his hand; lumbar,
spine,
neck,
massage,
spine,
lumbar.

His gentle, two tones humming is the only sound surrounding you.

His scent is the only air in your lungs.

His love is the only thing you know in this moment.

You are safe.
You are warm.
You are loved.

Rest.