A Fire In My Heart

He felt it. The old power that he was able to use. He guided the power into his hands. First his palm began to tingle, then a little fireball raised from it till it was a few inches over his palm, then it hovered in the air. Steve ordered his fire to grow. Now it was so nearly as large as his head. Then he threw it on the old, dry wood. A great explosion shook the ground and sent waves of energy through the air. Steve took cover behind a large stone wall. When the sound flowed off, Steve had the feeling to hear nothing. He snapped with his fingers. No sound reached his brain. After a few seconds it got better. He snapped again. A quiet sound reached him. Good. He stood up and looked at the house. More precisely on the smouldering ruins that had been a majestic house once. Here and there were little fires but no one got really big. Nobody could have survived here. He laughed. Then he concentrated himself and he began to flicker. Suddenly Steve disappeared. Only the sound of his laugh stayed back.

I looked up. Over the alt wall behind that I was sitting. I stared at Steve who was actually about to destroy my house. Why did he do this? I didn't knew. Now Steve threw his fireball right onto my house. I lowed my head to not get hit by one of the pieces of my own house by its explosion. But nothing happened. I raised my head again and peeked over the wall. I was like in trance. I saw Steve's fireball crash into my house. I saw the explosion and then I realized the noise. Fast he crunched down and stared at the ground. He watched a little spider building its house in the wall. It could move. Every day. When something destroyed its cobweb, it ate it and then it build a new house at a new place. I carried out to make it exactly like this little spider. Maybe I would let out eating my old home, but on the whole thing it was a good idea. Now the noise of the explosion flowed down. When I looked up, I saw Steve standing in front of my house. He laughed. About he destroyed my home. Hahaha. Funny. I was incredible furious but I knew when it would come to a fight, I would be the weaker wizard. So I held myself hidden. One day, I promised myself, one day you will get your revenge. Steve had destroyed to many lives. He killed people like my friend Mat. When I thought at him, I got sad. After all this time. It had been two years ago, when Steve visited my friend's house. When I saw his dead body, next to Rachel's, I got sad. So sad that my parents took me off the school for a few days. "You have to calm down", they said. But they didn't knew what happened with me. Caused of Steve. He destroyed lives. Mine and those of my girlfriend, Amy. I sighted. Why did live had to be so complicated?

When I calmed down, I stood up. And looked over the wall. Steve had disappeared, but my house had too. Nearly. I fell down again.

I sneaked through the smouldering ruins and looked at the different rooms. The living room. A great room which had three couches once. The room where I kissed Amy for the first time. A few steps more and I arrived at the gap that once had been the door to my bedroom. I remembered the many evenings where I sat on my bed with Mat and Amy and Mat's girlfriend Rachel to play a card game. We listened to some music, even if we argued all the time which song to hear. Mat always wanted to listen to Metallica's music, but we, that means Amy and me, wanted to listen to something else. Rachel kept herself out of the discussion. Most times she slept already when we arrived to agreed on the song that everyone wanted to listen to. Then Mat don't wanted to wake her up for our game. Normally, then he looked at her at this affectionate, amorous way.

I shook my head to get it free from all this memories. They would just attract memairs. Memairs were beast that feed on memories. Usually they prefer sad memories what makes them to a good companion who always can comfort you, but sometimes, if there are no sad memories, they also eat happy memories. And if there would be a large number of them, wizards also could lose their complete memory. But I don't felt right to lose my memory now. Not this night. I pulled out a trunk under the ruins and tried to save as much of my things as possible. Over the dark, cold forest around the ruins of my house I heard someone howl. The memairs , I thought. I tried to come away but already a large creature hovered through the air towards me. And much more were on the way. The whole sky became black by the purely number of them. I would lose everything. Without my memories I would not know that Amy were my girlfriend. I wouldn't know where to find her. I tried to teleport away. I began to flicker but before I was able to transfer to the white room, a dimension between the worlds, that everyone has to pass while teleporting, the first memair reached me. He grabbed my shirt. It was to late. But suddenly a light appeared over the forest. It got nearer and nearer. The memairs turned around and I reached to free myself. Now the light was near enough so I could recognize my black Pegasus Henry. "HEY", I yelled. He heard me and came over. He hit the memairs with his hoofs. They collapsed.

White. Then everything went black when I suddenly appeared in a long, open street. The asphalt on it was black and all the houses were white. Except one. I knew it. I started to move. First, I went slowly, just walking. Then, almost like a reaction on an invisible signal, I began to run. I got faster and faster till I arrived finally. I stood in front of the old black door. I panted.

When the door opened, I was sure to see an angel. She was so beautiful. I forgot to breathe. Apparently I went so red that she realized it. "Breathe.", she said with a smile. Oh god how I missed this smile in the few hours I didn't saw her. "Ok.", I said and prop me up on my knees. "Ok.", I repeated. "Could I stay here?", I blurt out. She seemed to think what could have happened. Her beautiful eyebrows were drawn into thin lines. It seemed to take hours but I thought surely it only were seconds. Then finally she answered. "Of course you can stay here one or two nights. But..." I interrupted her. "No. I want to stay with you. Forever." I entered the house, pushing her in front of me into the living room. "The door", she said and it seemed if she wanted to close it, but with a silent wave of my hand I sent waves of air towards it. The door slammed.