#1 - traitor

A/N: ahh!! here's the first imagine <3 Sorry it's a-bit sad :( I really hope you enjoy this one, took me awhile to actually finish it.

Also to match the feels more, play the song above while reading it :)
____________________________________

I was currently clinging onto my blanket for dear life. My head was buried into the soft material while my eyes were stained with tears. I could feel my heart just simply splitting in two.

How could he do this to me? I loved him, hell I still do. But he went off and did the worst thing a girl could ever imagine. He betrayed me. He left me for someone else.

Flashback - 6 Hours Ago

I was snuggled up on the couch watching some friends on Netflix since I didn't have anything else better to do on a Sunday evening. I kept consciously checking the time, seeing that Tom would've been home ages ago but there was no sign of him. I was getting a bit worried, so I thought to myself to see if I should call him or not. I soon came to the decision to call him. So I picked up my phone and started dialling his number. Suddenly I heard the front door being unlocked and opened. I look over to see Tom walking in. I smiled wide at his presence.

"Good evening darling". Tom speaks sending chills throughout my body. It's only been a few hours and I've already missed that voice. His voice is just so soothing to hear. It's like birds singing in my ears.

"Hey, handsome". I reply back while putting my phone aside and standing up to go and embrace him in a warm hug. Soon I could feel both our bodies being pressed up against each other. My head snuggled into his chest as I could smell the fresh scent of his favorite cologne that he wears almost every day.

We finally let each other go and walked back to couch to sit down. I snuggled up to him with my head on his chest. My head slowly rising up and down while I hear his soft heartbeat. I felt fully content when I felt his arm slither around my waist and gently grabbing the side of my hip to pull me in closer.

My mind was at ease until I suddenly came up with the thought of "why did tom come home so late?".

"Tom." I said quietly but loud enough for Tom to hear me. "mhm". Tom mumbled back. I lifted my head off his chest and looked into his beautiful baby blue eyes from the side. He looked back at me with a concerned look on his face. The sudden eye contact made me get instant butterflies in my stomach. We stayed like that for a moment or two until Tom finally broke the sweet silent moment.

"Everything ok love?". He said whilst getting lost in my deep y/e/c (your eye colour) eyes. I nodded my head softly for an answer. But then words started spewing out of my mouth. "Actually, I have to ask.." I say to him.

"You can ask me anything darling". He replied back while tucking a strand of my hair behind my right ear.

I started to become nervous. What happens if I don't like the answer he gives to my question? Thoughts started to flood my head. Not even realising that I snapped out of reality.

"Darling?.." I hear Tom say, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes sorry". I say back giving a slight smile. "You said you had to ask me something?". Tom continued to say. "Oh right, uhmm... why did you get home so late?". I say with a bit of nervousness in my voice.

Tom looks away from me for a moment. He was thinking about something. Only if I could read minds like they did in the movies.

"Oh uhmm nothing to worry about love, the traffic was just busy and all". Tom said back trying to avoid eye contact. I could tell he was lying. Something didn't feel right.

That's when I thought to myself, he couldn't possibly be hiding something from me. Right? We're in an open honest relationship. He wouldn't lie to me...

But that's when it struck me like a lightning bolt. Taylor Swift. Thinking about her sent shivers down my spine.

Recently Tom and Taylor have gotten close after meeting each other at the Met Gala. I didn't mind them hanging and being friends but that's until Tom started to act more distant from me, and becoming more closer with her. More than I would've liked.

"You were with Taylor, weren't you?". I say looking at the ground while fiddling with my fingers. "What.." Tom replied back while turning to look back at me. I looked up at him and repeated what I said. "Darling, what makes you think that?". I could hear the nervousness is his voice.

That's when I knew. I stood up from the couch and stood to face in front of Tom. "You have been being so distant from me lately Tom. That's why!". He looked me in disbelief. Tears started to instantly form in my eyes.

"Darling please just sit back down and let me expl-". "NO TOM! I've had enough. It's my turn to tell you how I feel.." I say interrupting him. Before he could even say another word I started to spill all my feelings out at once.

"YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND TOM DON'T YOU?! I SIT ON THAT COUCH EVERY SINGLE DAY WAITING FOR YOUR RETURN. ONLY FOR YOU JUST TO COME HOME LATE!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW WORRIED I GET TOM. YOU CAN'T EVEN SEND ME A TEXT OR CALL ME SAYING THAT YOU'RE OK?!" I practically yell at him with tears streaming down my face.

I hear a scoff that comes out of his mouth. I just look at him in disgust. Suddenly he stands up and towers over me. Making me step back a little.

"y/n if you just GAVE ME THE CHANCE TO ACTUALLY EXPLAIN. Then maybe you would know why." Tom says raising his voice a little back but trying hard not to lose his temper.

"WHAT IS THERE FOR YOU TO EXPLAIN TOM?! HUH?". I yelled at him. Complete silence filled the room.

The next thing I knew Tom moved away from me and grabbed his belongings from our bedroom and walked out. The last thing I remember him saying was "I'M DONE Y/N. YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T TRUST ME ENOUGH. WE-... WE'RE OVER!".

I could hear the bit of resistance in his voice as he spoke those words.

Instant regret filled my heart as soon as I heard the door slam shut. I drove the person who mattered to be the most away from my life.

Present Time

The argument lead up to this very moment. I hadn't moved a muscle from where I curled up on the couch when Tom left. I didn't mean for me and Tom to end or even break up like this. My thoughts got the best of me.

I've tried ringing him a few times but it was all nothing but being sent to voicemail. It pained me to see him leave like that.

A few hours later, I woke up to the sound of my phone dinging multiple times. I didn't feel like checking my phone until I got frustrated at the constant dinging.

I picked up my phone and read through the missed notifications. Scrolling and reading through each and everyone. All them were about the same thing. That's when I realised what was happening.

TOM AND TAYLOR ARE TOGETHER?!