CHAPTER 3 - GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE

It was night when the tailors finish taking measurements for the dress. They took the size of even the smallest things like my wrist. Was this event so important to my dad? I've always thought of constantly screwing him up in this type of events but heck I don't want to lose the luxury life I live. Also, there isn't anyone who would join me to go against my dad so that part sucks. Being alone you never know who to trust. I guess I did inherit something from him, having trust issues. Dinner was a compulsory to eat with my dad. It was to "strengthen" our bond. Yea more like a non-existent bond but that's too long to fit in this story. It's something for another time.

The first few minutes of dinner was silent. The sound of plates and utensils filled the room. As the chefs place the dishes on the table. Our head chef handed us a menu of all the dishes he's prepared today. Today's dinner is

·      Appetizer: yellow tail sashimi with Caesar salad

·      Main course: Coho salmon with béchamel sauce

·      Dessert: panna cotta

++ to accompany all this was a bottle of Pinot Grigio

(After I turned 18, dad let me drink alcohol with him, but it doesn't usually come out. Not if it's his birthday or he met someone powerful. My guess is the latter)

Clearly Mr. dad was feeling so happy with his dealing this afternoon. I wonder who they were and why did their dealing make dad so happy? Are they that important?

"How did the fitting go today?" he asked

"Meh, it was ok. Hopefully the dress looks pretty. They know how to do it the best", out of everything that was going on, I was only excited to wear the dresses. I wonder if I could get mysterious man's opinion.

"Make sure that everything is in perfect shape before this weekend. This is a lifechanging deal for me. I don't want anything or anyone to screw it up especially if it's you. I don't want my daughter to cause me a simple problem, that is to not look proper for the event. This event by far is the most important one of my career so let the tailor know if you need any altering done. There shouldn't be any shaggy looking or lopsided parts of the dress. I will leave that up to you. Do not disappoint me with the result. I expect you to look your absolute best", he said all of this with the most poker face I've ever seen. This vain man is truly incapable of having feelings. Personally, if it were up to me, I would wear a suit and tie but this world of his only accepts girls that wear dresses. It's so annoying with old men around me. Aren't they supposed to unaliven't or something? I just hope one day without him around me I get to wear the things I want when I want without having someone to dictate my way of doing things in life.

Two days later the dress finally arrived at the house. It looked so good on me I'll give them that. I don't think other people could pull of this way of tailoring which explain why my dad has never gone to anyone else for the past 30 years of his life. The dress was a premium handmade Alexandra Garcia courtier dress customized with diamonds along the skirt. It was a two-piece dress, so the top part was a halter neck design with puff sleeves, almost as it were like Cinderella's dress cut into two. The off white coloured dress could probably fool people into thinking it's a wedding dress. Thankfully there were certain areas that made it stand out. This was an added extravagant gesture for the event, it could simply be done just to attract the eyes of the clients. If my dad pays for it, I guess I don't have anything to complain about.

"What do you think miss?" the tailor asked. Both of us looked at the glimmering dress on me together in the mirror.

"It's perfect. I love it but would it be okay if we loosen up the waist part a little?", I asked him with my best pleading face I could.

"Ahh I'm sorry miss, but it was Mr. Smith's order's that I enhance every curve of yours in the dress" he said

"Ohh. Then it's all ok I guess". This was the absolute downfall of using daddy's money. He gets to have the most say even when I am not comfortable with his choices. No changes or opinions allowed. It's heartbreaking but heck I guess I'd never get used to his.

The dress was absolutely gorgeous. The craftmanship was beyond anything I've seen before. Dad really did outdo himself for this event. Soft silk flowing down the ankles of my legs, every curve of my body is clearly visible in this dress. Some curves I didn't even knew existed before. He even had some jewels customed made for this event. A lot of diamond necklaces and earrings were shown to me today. I only chose a few that I thought would pair well with the dress. I guess my part for the event was complete.