Round 1

Red Light, Green Light. To win out of debt, cross the white line ahead. Moving when "It" says 'Green Light' and stopping when "It" says 'Red Light'. The confusion that filled the air wasn't for the games instructions but more the fact that everyone here would be playing a simple children's game and terror had replaced that confusion when everyone here would start dying if they were to move when not allowed to.

A simple game of Red Light, Green Light. To get out of debt.

And Gi-Hun was almost there, he only had to cross the white line in front of him. His childhood friend on the other side already, maintaining eye contact with him the whole time.

Bodies laid around everyone still in the game. Bodies of those who had moved at the wrong time. As It called out 'Red Light' again, Gi-Hun's foot slipped out from under him. His gaze hadn't left Sang-Woos; who's expression had changed to worry, his body shifting as if to almost go and help.

Gi-Hun stilled in the air as "It" gazed around at the remaining few. His breath hitched, A few shots rang out and he finally broke away the gaze he had with Sang-Woo to meet it with the person behind him.
Someone had caught him from falling. Saved his life.
Gi-hun shifted his eyes to the clock.
15. 14. 13. 12..
Green Light.
The man behind Gi-Hun, who had previously been holding him up, was running right beside him towards Sang-Woo, their eyes syncing up once again almost perfectly as if Sang-Woo had never stopped looking at him in the first place.
And with one final leap, Gi-Hun had made it over. Along with his saviour.

The time had ran out, and everyone who had still remained in the field frighteningly looked to the others who stood behind the safety of the white line. Pleading for help with their eyes. As if that would help their case...and it wouldn't. Multiple shots rang out, filling the large landscape they played in. Each person that was still on the other side fell to the ground, lifeless.

Gi-Huns chest rose up and down in laboured breaths, tensing when he felt something touch his shoulder. He looked over, trying to match where the feeling was coming from when he once again locked eyes with Sang-Woo.

If this wouldn't have been a life or death situation, Gi-Hun could probably get used to this, looking into the others eyes, getting lost in them to the point nothing or no one else matters.

"You're alive." Sang-Woo spoke softly, his hand leaving his shoulder to go and push up his glasses. Gi-Hun only smiled in response, bringing his arms out to wrap around Sang-Woo, holding him close until the other pulled away.

Their moment was short lived, quickly interrupted by a 'Congratulations' on completing the first game. The remaining people were lead back to the room they originally started in. The beds still stacked as before, though it did seem like there was less than before. Gi-Hun had found his way to the bed he woken up in, Sang-Woo and the person who saved him meeting him there.

"Thank you both." Gi-Hun spoke up once everyone else had found their places, "Without you two I wouldn't be alive right now." He smiled at the two, leaning back on his hands as the three sat, his hand touching the cold concrete but only to meet the warmth of where Sang-Woos hand rested right beside his. With that, Sang-Woo quickly moved his hand away.

"You're welcome Sir," The saviour said, the number on his jacket and shirt reading 199. Everyone here had a number, Sang-Woo being 218 and Gi-Hun taking the last number of 456.

And out of that four hundred and fifty six people, 201 remained. The first game had taken out so many people. Gi-Hun looked to Sang-Woo, the two of them immediately making eye contact from Sang-Woo already looking in his direction.

Gi-Hun went to say something and as if it was known he would've, he was cutoff. The door to the room they lounged had opened, five people in pink jumpsuits and masks that varied with a square or triangle marked in white on them walked in. Everyone, all 201 left, looked to the front, where the "soldiers" stood. The square started talking first, his voice digitalised through the Korean accent as he explained how everything would work, congratulating the half who made it once again.